List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t 100% accurate.

I suspect whatever statement the club puts out will put some distance between us and Thomas. But I don’t believe it will shut the door on him.

I reckon it’s going to be a wait and see for his November court case and if he is cleared or no substantial charges. There might be a magical list spot still available…

Club has always been aware of who Gubby or SOS meets. He hasn’t done anything wrong.

If Andrew Krakouer can get a few years for grievous bodily harm & assault and still make it back…. Etc etc.
If he is cleared of anything substantial in his court case, then the AFL will still have the final call on whether he can re-enter the league.

However, if he is able to re-enter the league, could the club potentially be aiming to allow him to train over the preseason and then make a decision? I believe his court case concludes around day two of the national draft.

To be honest, no one truly knows hat the club has been discussing regarding TT and whether this is a storm in a tea cup. I know it is going to be an incredibly hard sell to any fan base though.

In the perfect world, you would get him to play at Sandy next year with the guarantee of a contract in the mid-season draft if he proves he has changed his ways.

If he is cleared of anything substantial in his court case, then the AFL will still have the final call on whether he can re-enter the league.

However, if he is able to re-enter the league, could the club potentially be aiming to allow him to train over the preseason and then make a decision? I believe his court case concludes around day two of the national draft.

To be honest, no one truly knows hat the club has been discussing regarding TT and whether this is a storm in a tea cup. I know it is going to be an incredibly hard sell to any fan base though.

In the perfect world, you would get him to play at Sandy next year with the guarantee of a contract in the mid-season draft if he proves he has changed his ways.
We have been into him since last year.

I posted as such.

No idea what the afl will do and my opinion is that matters should play out before we do anything. But he would effectively be a free agent is my understanding. So could be a train on over summer.

He really picks and chooses when he applies effort though, doesn't he?
Massive tease. On pure talent, he should be one of the best key-position players in the league, but isn't.

He turns 25 next year, so I doubt the switch flicks for him now. Can only see him going back to SA on a deal that pays him way too much anyway.

You have to take one

Shiel
Terry Thomas
Jake Stringer
Butts
Lobb
Oliver
Who you taking?
im going with terry thomas,he was awesomely funny

no seriously
butts if battle or dougs go,he may be a bust,but he is the age profile that we need,oliver and thomas too much risk & lobb shiel and stringer are either soft or flogs or both

I posted as such.

No idea what the afl will do and my opinion is that matters should play out before we do anything. But he would effectively be a free agent is my understanding. So could be a train on over summer.
Had a quick look at the charges he's facing & there doesn't seem to be any physical violence related. Not a legal expert but I'd be surprised if he gets anything more than community service & good behaviour bond.

Guaranteed that the league will make a little song & dance for PR purposes & then say clubs are free to consider recruiting him. From memory it's jail terms of longer than 6 months that result in a permanent ban.

Let's not forget that under the original ban that the AFL threw his way (18 matches), he'd be back playing by now.

I posted as such.

Put him in Sandy for next year and pick him as our Sandy rookie for '26

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I posted as such.

Delisted player, as he was let go by North due to the charges (and everything they did not affecting him positively to their standards), so if the AFL do let him back in, it's as a delisted agent in all probability.

Put him in Sandy for next year and pick him as our Sandy rookie for '26

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the whole this would be the best pathway in every regard. If he doesn't want to pay his dues and appreciate the opportunity, then FO.

Delisted player, as he was let go by North due to the charges (and everything they did not affecting him positively to their standards), so if the AFL do let him back in, it's as a delisted agent in all probability.
The issue with telling him go to Sandy for a year is that he would be available to any club at any point including nominating for the MSD.

The better outcome would be as a pre season train on - who we can contract when the games begin. Like Caminiti

The issue with telling him go to Sandy for a year is that he would be available to any club at any point including nominating for the MSD.

The better outcome would be as a pre season train on - who we can contract when the games begin. Like Caminiti
he wpuld only go if he nominated. guarunteed if he went to sandy, saints would have an agreement with him not to nominate

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a quick look at the charges he's facing & there doesn't seem to be any physical violence related. Not a legal expert but I'd be surprised if he gets anything more than community service & good behaviour bond.

Guaranteed that the league will make a little song & dance for PR purposes & then say clubs are free to consider recruiting him. From memory it's jail terms of longer than 6 months that result in a permanent ban.

Let's not forget that under the original ban that the AFL threw his way (18 matches), he'd be back playing by now.
Maybe ask the woman involved is she is happy with the outcome...

agree 100%

Maybe ask the woman involved is she is happy with the outcome...

Women, plural, one is just more vocal than the others. His recent is just because he breached essentially an AVO from his ex that was in place, so since court ordered he then has to go back to court to get slapped.

Three separate women have accused him of domestic violence. I don't give a shit if they ended up in court or not - this bloke is a lowlife and will set our club backwards. We need to stop looking for these idiotic sugar hits in recruitment with normal free agents, let alone ones that bring our entire club into disrepute, trash our reputation for sponsors and alienate a sizeable part of both the general public and our own membership. Our reputation as a club has taken a massive hit this week just from meeting with this guy. My own respect for the club has been damaged.

Even beyond the MANY allegations by multiple women that have ended up in charges and otherwise - we are on track for a bottom five finish this year. Can we just focus on drafting a decent engine room for the future? We tried to get JDG a couple years ago (starting to send a pretty clear message about the moral and ethical rot at our club with this pattern) on a million dollars a year - do you think we doubling our ladder position and playing finals with him kicking around?

Three separate women have accused him of domestic violence. I don't give a shit if they ended up in court or not - this bloke is a lowlife and will set our club backwards. We need to stop looking for these idiotic sugar hits in recruitment with normal free agents, let alone ones that bring our entire club into disrepute, trash our reputation for sponsors and alienate a sizeable part of both the general public and our own membership. Our reputation as a club has taken a massive hit this week just from meeting with this guy. My own respect for the club has been damaged.

Even beyond the MANY allegations by multiple women that have ended up in charges and otherwise - we are on track for a bottom five finish this year. Can we just focus on drafting a decent engine room for the future? We tried to get JDG a couple years ago (starting to send a pretty clear message about the moral and ethical rot at our club with this pattern) on a million dollars a year - do you think we doubling our ladder position and playing finals with him kicking around?
Read my 1st post re TT.

I'm not defending him in any way.

Was simply trying to work out if he has physically assaulted multiple women or been a harrassing/ Revenge pr0n POS.

One is far more serious than the other IMO.

Of course, in too many circumstances the harrassing, non-violent behaviour escalates into unforgiveable physical violence.

I don't think the club has taken a hit at all. A bloke just had a coffee with another bloke.

Just to throw a cat amongst the TT pigeons, if he was an accountant, would everyone be wanting him to be banned from accountancy???

I know little to nothing about TT, nor do I care if I'm honest, but if football is the only thing he is capable of, why are so many so ready to remove he ability to earn a living?

I am not sure of the intricate details, so please feel free to add some context if you are more aware of the details than I am, but as far as I can tell, he sent threating/harassing texts, made harassing phone calls and threatened to release intimate videos/photos - is that correct?

I am not in any way condoning that behaviour, it reeks of immaturity and entitlement and should never be condoned. But I am sure he is a very long way from the first young person (male or female) to behave very badly when their intimate partner decides to end the relationship. Would everyone be howling for an apprentice carpenter to be thrown out of his trade? Or perhaps a young hairdresser expelled from her industry?

My son ended a relationship with a young woman early this year and she has now vandalized his car on 4 separate occasions - should we be seeking to have her banned from the retail industry?

My son ended a relationship with a young woman early this year and she has now vandalized his car on 4 separate occasions - should we be seeking to have her banned from the retail industry?

No. She’s just a strong independent woman

at least that’s what Clementine Ford told me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back