List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem is that the contract will still be handing over a million bucks a year in 7 years. If we ever get a decent side together that's a lot of cap space eaten up by a guy who is probably long gone.
It is 6 years, but the premis of your post is correct.
Say we got pick 6 as well and had 4,5,6.

Now say two of those become stars plus Pou, NWM, Wilson, Owens and suddenly for arguments sake Keeler breaks out.

We need to pay market rate to keep these stars ( this is all speculation of course).

1.1 million spread over those players may well keep them from walking and as you say Oliver looks a risky proposition to last 6 years.
A big arse bite potential awaits I reckon.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very "pleasing" that the Suns knocked off the Dees. One because of our draft pick placement, and secondly, well it was the Dons ;)

Not so good was the Dees just failed to knock off Port. They could just as easily lose both their remaining games as win them. And shame too the Pies did not get up against the Swans.

Would be interested to know if they could front load the hell of that contract so it’s not so bad in the backend with our apparent war chest.

A first round pick attached would be the only way we’d even entertain it surely.
Interesting thought.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good lord she's like a freshly caught fish thrown live in a bucket.
We only get Japanese athletes on TV here, so I missed this incredible impersonation! Did she win?

It was like she was taking the piss, and I think she was as she has made quite a few statement against the Breakdancing being a sport, rather than an art. She was making "art" rather than competing.

Cannot fathom how she was selected instead of someone who would go and actually compete and give it their all. In an interview in Paris she said that she knew that she could not beat the other women, so instead wanted to show her moves. I mean WTF, that is not the Olympic way.

If Oliver agrees to.

You can do whatever you want.
With our reported war chest that will be “the biggest that has ever been seen” or however it was worded, what do we think the highest amount we could realistically front end the deal would be?

Could we do 1.5-2m for the first 2/3 years? And then between 600-800k for the remainder?

Very very pissed off :mad::mad:. Seems we got paid a visit from our erstwhile mod, he attacked me and others and then got promptly banned by the bigfooty gods.

And I missed it all. the last hurrah of the previous regime and I wasn't around to see it :(:(
Didn't even say it to your face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was like she was taking the piss, and I think she was as she has made quite a few statement against the Breakdancing being a sport, rather than an art. She was making "art" rather than competing.

Cannot fathom how she was selected instead of someone who would go and actually compete and give it their all. In an interview in Paris she said that she knew that she could not beat the other women, so instead wanted to show her moves. I mean WTF, that is not the Olympic way.

Think you are wrong on this one.

She was there, right time, right place and got selected in a sport that not many participate.

I admire her and probably wish I was like her and fortunate enough to go to the Olympics in my chosen sport if I was good enough.

"Raygun" will be a part of the vernacular of the Australian language forever just like "Doing a Bradbury" is now.

Didn't even say it to your face
Maybe he will let me join his Whatsapp group :D

Kevin Brown GIF by Salford Red Devils

Very very pissed off :mad::mad:. Seems we got paid a visit from our erstwhile mod, he attacked me and others and then got promptly banned by the bigfooty gods.

And I missed it all. the last hurrah of the previous regime and I wasn't around to see it :(:(
Tbh it wasn’t very pleasant to witness at all.
Either he’s in a very bad place or had way too much to drink.
It’s a shame.

With our reported war chest that will be “the biggest that has ever been seen” or however it was worded, what do we think the highest amount we could realistically front end the deal would be?

Could we do 1.5-2m for the first 2/3 years? And then between 600-800k for the remainder?
We have something nuts like a third of our list OOC.

So I suspect they can structure it however they want.

Again, the contract itself isn’t a huge issue in my eyes.

It’s the compensation required to take it on. Because currently Oliver and that deal are a millstone around the neck of the demons.

It’s a shame.
without knowing the inner goings on here or siding with anyone,i thought it was that carlton twat back in disguise

It’s a shame.

looked alot like Dutch courage, thats for sure

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was thinking we need a ‘don’t drink and post’ advertising campaign.
Felt really bad for him to be honest.

Even if it was because of the drink. You must have a few things going on to decide to come on here of all things to do, after 5 months of no contact and try abuse people you don’t like 😂

Yes.

But if he was 90% of the player he was even last season. Your laughing all the way back to your WhatsApp group with George 😂 😂

Who says I'm in his group chat? I'm in your apartheid group chat.

What if Oliver ends up going off the rails and not seeing out his first season? He's not getting moved on because he's got his shit together.

Absolutely. Oliver would be the steak knives in all of that. The big problem is that it ties up a lot of money on one player.
Having three top ten picks gives you so many options. Take them all to the draft, split one or trade one for a player.

Get the next Billings, Acres and Dunstan? The next Paddy and Hugh? The next Clark and Coffield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back