List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are relying on Martin then you have lost me already.

If you want to pigeon hole Bolton as a small forward, then you lose half his value.

Yes, we need Berry.
I see Martin as an upgrade on Banfield & Emmett as another medium forward: Sturt, Martin, Banfield, Emmett would be the pecking order.
Unfortunately I see Berry as similar to Bolton and Switta, all can play higher up the ground.
HHF: Bolton, Switta, Frederick, Berry would be the pecking order.
No one is a pure small forward.

I see Martin as an upgrade on Banfield & Emmett as another medium forward: Sturt, Martin, Banfield, Emmett would be the pecking order.
Unfortunately I see Berry as similar to Bolton and Switta, all can play higher up the ground.
The question you need to ask is not if they can play up the ground, it is could they play as a small forward without any midfield time and still contribute.

I think Berry can do that. Bolton can do that as well, but I think you lose some of this value. Agree with the rest.

Even Pickett runs through the midfield, Papley has in the past as well.

Last edited:
That's exactly why Pickett should be target number one after Bolton is done. So damaging as a forward but can also rotate through the midfield.

Ollie Hannaford is coming home with a wet sail in the tail end of the season. A move into the forward line has paid huge dividends for both him and the Rebels as his bags of goals have helped to propel them on an excellent run of form. He's high energy, quick and agile with a low center of gravity which lets him weave through traffic, he's surprisingly strong and capable of out wrestling opponents, and most importantly of all, he has more than a touch of audaciousness with the footy.

Ollie Hannaford is coming home with a wet sail in the tail end of the season. A move into the forward line has paid huge dividends for both him and the Rebels as his bags of goals have helped to propel them on an excellent run of form. He's high energy, quick and agile with a low center of gravity which lets him weave through traffic, he's surprisingly strong and capable of out wrestling opponents, and most importantly of all, he has more than a touch of audaciousness with the footy.

His tape is incredible. Can see him rocketing up the draft boards. Would be perfect for Freo. His zipiness and agility to weave in and out of traffic reminds me of Brent Daniels, and then the way he launches into packs for marks reminds me a bit of Weightman. Also tough and likes to tackle. Seems like he has a lot of strings to his bow

Any question marks on his top end pace and agility?

How would it compare to Berry?

Any question marks on his top end pace and agility?

How would it compare to Berry?

He looks faster and more agile than Berry to me. But maybe that's just me. Berry's main attributes seem to be his class/polish/finishing. He doesn't seem slow and looks to be a smooth mover, but I don't see the explosiveness that is clearly there with say Kako or this Hannaford kid. The latter doesn't have an invite to the main draft combine, but I'm guessing he will get tested at the state combine?

In this game Bo Allan was given a chance to play as one of Peel's primary onballers on the big stage of a prelim final. It wasn't a prolific game for Bo, but he acquitted himself well and put together a few exiting passages of play to tease watchers with his immense potential. The defensive side of the game is where Allan is most accomplished and impactful at this stage, and where he's likely to immediately contribute most strongly at AFL level. His athleticism and physicality allow him to close space rapidly and lay powerful tackles, and he's diligent when playing the sweeping role on the defensive side of the contest. The moments when he tucks the ball under his arm and bursts free of congestion before roosting a deep and penetrating left foot ball into the forward 50 are what get's everyone excited for what he might be capable of in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this game Bo Allan was given a chance to play as one of Peel's primary onballers on the big stage of a prelim final. It wasn't a prolific game for Bo, but he acquitted himself well and put together a few exiting passages of play to tease watchers with his immense potential. The defensive side of the game is where Allan is most accomplished and impactful at this stage, and where he's likely to immediately contribute most strongly at AFL level. His athleticism and physicality allow him to close space rapidly and lay powerful tackles, and he's diligent when playing the sweeping role on the defensive side of the contest. The moments when he tucks the ball under his arm and bursts free of congestion before roosting a deep and penetrating left foot ball into the forward 50 are what get's everyone excited for what he might be capable of in the future.

Has power from the stoppages. Love the pick up, handball at high speed in the forward half.

Yea I’ve come full circle again on Allan .

Just watching him yesterday screamed of player with good traits made for the next level.

So many good options potentially available with whatever first we keep (outside not having one with a Pickett miracle) that I don’t think walls can go wrong .
that said id be pretty stoked if one of our selections was Allan

Last edited:

Just watching him yesterday screamed of player with good traits made for the next level.

So many good options potentially available with whatever first we keep (outside not having one with a Pickett miracle) that I don’t think walls can go wrong .
that said I’d be pretty stoked over most other selections if we picked up Allan
If we are targeting Daniel Curtin we might not need Allan.

that said I’d be pretty stoked over most other selections if we picked up Allan
Where does he fit though? Erasmus killed it yesterday and can’t get a game and had double his tackles. I think I’d rather an elite user or X factor player than another mid. Bolton will be a mid with pace to add into the mix sometimes anyway.

Where does he fit though? Erasmus killed it yesterday and can’t get a game and had double his tackles. I think I’d rather an elite user or X factor player than another mid. Bolton will be a mid with pace to add into the mix sometimes anyway.
Yea understandable, it’s why I preferred others for the most part originally namely Lindsay and Berry

And Agree we probably still need more fwds , especially with X factor.

I was looking at hbf spot as another position we ll need some new talent coming through soon too tho
-hence reason I was keen on Lindsay

Guess all depends on what picks we have left over .
The other thing might go against us drafting Allan is Toby whan (appears so anyway) to play similar positions

For me I'd love to get Bo Allen. Give him 3 years and he could be a gun. Draper from SA has pace and hurt factor that I'd love to see in our side.

Both might be gone with our first live pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back