List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd personally go with McMahon, who can play both ends.
There is nothing stopping us from taking them both.

Durdin and Matt Carroll being delisted opens two spots on the rookie list

Also Jack Carroll on the main list. I'm not opposed to him staying but I'm just as happy to move him on to open a list spot up

When fit Cripps Walsh Cerra Hewett Dochety Elijah Lord is as good as anyone. Will get better this year with Pick 3, Fogarty, Kemp, Durdin, Williams, Motlop helping as well

This is supported by TDK who is as good a game winning Ruck as there is in the AFL
I think it's time Williams plays as a Mid/Fwd.
We recruited him as a mid, but we were forced to play him in defense before the ACL.
His vision & disposal in spotting up our forwards would be what we need if we can get one of Motlop or Durdin to find form.
I think he plays well as a forward but would rather see him delivering it into the 50.

Breakout years coming for many of our developing kids imo. I feel we will see career years for;
OHollands
A Moir
C Lord
J Binns
TDK will also go to another level, something like his middle of the season but the entirety.
Not sure moir will be at that breakout level next year

Think he needs another season or 2

Still not convinced on Binns but I hope he and lord get given a good run of afl games

Ollie will have a much better year in 2025 - not sure if it will qualify as breakout year however

With pick 3 coming in also I expect players like hewett doch and even cerra to be under the pump

I suspect we may even end up with more afl grade players leaving next year just to make room for what we have coming through

IMO Austen did well with who he brought in, got rid of and the draft strategy. It all makes sense given our list age profile, salary cap position and looming expansion drafts. I’m a bit worried about pick 38 but hopefully he has a plan to trade up or back with it. I am very relieved we didn’t trade picks for Petracca or Houston. My only gripe is that a lot of this should have happened last year or even in 2022 so I feel like we’ve lost a couple years. Same goes for the high performance / strength and conditioning department. Both instances of repeating the same thing expecting a different result makes me think Lloyd isn’t up to it.

Either way next year is make or break for the club. We really need to have a 15+ win season, with none of these falling over the line wins and finishing comfortably inside the top 4 if not top 2. If we have another year like 2024 where we fumble our way to 12-13 unconvincing wins then I feel we have to make significant changes in 2025 both on and off the field because if that is the ceiling of a list rebuild started a decade ago then everyone should be expendable. Sounds a bit melodramatic but the harsh reality is at the moment this era of the club has produced about as much as Richmond did during the Matthew Richardson era.

There is nothing stopping us from taking them both.

Durdin and Matt Carroll being delisted opens two spots on the rookie list

Also Jack Carroll on the main list. I'm not opposed to him staying but I'm just as happy to move him on to open a list spot up
I'd be keeping Carroll and Carroll. Jack is useful depth and still developing. Matt hasn't had a chance to prove himself and was taken as a 'getting ahead of 2024 draft' selection anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect, I disagree.

Our midfield will likely be on par with WB and maybe GC but it doesn't compare to Pt., Swans, BL even the Pies if they don't age.

I believe that our hard-earned #3 should have been used for Petracca this year. Next year, he goes to his childhood club and we've been out-played again.

We had a real opportunity to provide meaningful assistance to Cripps for a genuine tilt at it but we've gone safe after all the trading boldness.

I only popped into this site for the draft so I'll leave it at that and CU next year.

Cheers

And how are Collingwood going to get that done? they’ve already mortgaged their future

I’d say Trac will be staying at Melbourne with his multi year gigantic salary

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need to put more time in developing Jack Carroll as an attacking half back. Looked outstanding against West Coast.

Not sure he has the kicking skills for that role?

I would also like to see him retained for at least another 12 months. Looks a confidence player. Just needs to put together a couple of BIG games in a row and I suspect he'll go to another level (in terms of finding the footy and impacting more) after that.

Interesting take.
I wonder if this enables us to play our A game more?
Yes it will. It will open the forward line up and help us play more direct. More options to go to means our ball movement improves. Smart forwards who have forward brains who think quick, position well and are strong overhead means a lot for us.
Just by his 2 games this year, it’s very easy to see a permanent place in our best 22 for Lord. I have him penciled in to start on ball in 2025.

We have been crying out for a bit more speed and playing on more. Lord always looks to move the ball forward and it makes the defence have to work overtime rather than knowing where the ball is about to go with us bombing it forward.

I think we will see a different midfield set up from day 1 and it’s why I think the draftee we must take is Jagga Smith. Imo he is the most professional and non bust type going into this draft. Definitely has Nick Daicos traits and you would think Jagga would play from day 1.

Cripps Lord Walsh Smith Hewett Cerra Docherty is as dangerous a midfield group you will see imo
You see it straight away. All the things we desperately need he brought. His defensive game is excellent and he balances it with good offensive skills. You never see our other mids leave their man, cover 3-10 meters quickly to lay a tackle. This really had me excited. His omission for finals makes me uncomfortable about our coaching and I question whether they know what they are doing, they made similar selection mistakes last season coming into finals.

Lord is good in traffic and has good vision. He is going to be more effective in a good AFL team as he is a first hands on the ball mid who feeds his team mates. At the higher level the options are going to be there more often.

You only have to watch his youtube highlights to see his value.

I think he will be ahead of Hewett. Maybe not right away but he will be and should be.

We need to build a midfield that performs well when the opposition have the ball. Adding Lord to that mix is step 1. Currently our midfield is only half way there in this aspect. Long way to go.

It's a good midfield mix with strong rotations. I agree, that is what we should be looking to do.

This was definitely something we all would have noticed with Brisbanes final series.

Medium forwards with aerial skills and X Factor.
Their small and medium forwards slaughtered us in the air. Collingwood the last two seasons have done the same thing with their smaller forward. Cottrell, Fogarty, Fantasia, Williams and Hollands don't have any overhead talents and that's the problem for us. That's why we are so predictable going forward. We don't have many places to go. Oh what you would do to add a 25 year old Eddie Betts to our side!

Not sure he has the kicking skills for that role?

I would also like to see him retained for at least another 12 months. Looks a confidence player. Just needs to put together a couple of BIG games in a row and I suspect he'll go to another level (in terms of finding the footy and impacting more) after that.
His kicking was beautiful in the Eagles game. A lot could have been about the opposition quality but it is something I want to see persisted with.

His kicking was beautiful in the Eagles game. A lot could have been about the opposition quality but it is something I want to see persisted with.

Yeah one of the lowest pressure games we played though. Yet to be convinced on his kicking in a highr pressure environment or his accuracy when kicking inside 50 (which is now a must for any good half back).

I love his work in traffic. He's got a great spin-turn and is elite at finding that extra little bit of space out of congestion.

I agree but given this page spends alot of time potting Ollie's inability to break a tackle hoping they can be patient with a pick 3 if we take him lol
Feel u, to be honest I’m not to overly impressed with Ollie’s ability to break a tackle (IMO I he’s overated as he’s “the kid” coming thru) - but Smith is next level slippery, he will not be breaking many tackles but u have to catch him first.

At times Ollie could be caught by a blind man with a gammy leg 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back