List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe moving on injury prone players was our best off season move, still more on the list that could improve durability with a program change, but we have also lost durable types in Kennedy and Owies

Don't care about name, age, draft position, pick the best side based on team effectiveness
Totally agree on the injured players.

I posted about being a bit uncomfortable with the Owies decision, based purely on his contribution.

Overall, I'm glad the club has been a lot more proactive & moved on players for various reasons. 5 years ago they would have sat on their hands & just hoped for the best.

It's not even about being more ruthless. It just feels like now there's a real hunger for success & a plan to get it.

I remember being so disappointed when we missed out on him on draft nite and ended up with the consolation prize in Harry McKay....
Yeah you’re right. I remember he was rated highly in his draft year. I also remember leaning towards Schache over Weitering lol. It’s why I’m not tipping into the who do we take with pick 3 conversation. I have no clue.

Disagree.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same

One of the 2 will play every week if available.
I don't think selection is dependent on the other

Jack is competing with for a spot

Gov Weiter Newman
Cowan Haynes Saad

Boyd, Cincotta, Oillie, Doc

I doubt we'll play another player that doesn't help our rebound/run and carry

Kemp competing for a spot

Elijah Charlie Forgarty/Motlop/Durdin
Williams Harry Moir

Let alone rotating mids

Feel u, to be honest I’m not to overly impressed with Ollie’s ability to break a tackle (IMO I he’s overated as he’s “the kid” coming thru) - but Smith is next level slippery, he will not be breaking many tackles but u have to catch him first.

At times Ollie could be caught by a blind man with a gammy leg 😂

Ollie could bypass this need to be able to break a tackle by, learning how to not take an eternity to dispose of the ball.

I was very harsh on Ollie most of the year but he did the one thing I’ve never questioned him on and that’s effort and finished the year strongly.

If he still struggles to put on size and strength, fine but he needs to work on his special awareness and reflexes to get a second or two faster with decision making, he would improve greatly.

Same

I don't think selection is dependent on the other

Jack is competing with for a spot

Gov Weiter Newman
Cowan Haynes Saad

Boyd, Cincotta, Oillie, Doc

I doubt we'll play another player that doesn't help our rebound/run and carry

Kemp competing for a spot

Elijah Charlie Forgarty/Motlop/Durdin
Williams Harry Moir

Let alone rotating mids

JSOS contributes by adding to our pressure game. He won't be in the ideal 22 and isn't on the list of Voss' favourites but you just know he'll grit his way into the side at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie could bypass this need to be able to break a tackle by, learning how to not take an eternity to dispose of the ball.

I was very harsh on Ollie most of the year but he did the one thing I’ve never questioned him on and that’s effort and finished the year strongly.

If he still struggles to put on size and strength, fine but he needs to work on his special awareness and reflexes to get a second or two faster with decision making, he would improve greatly.

I reckon Ollie might be best suited at half back. Works hard defensively, runs with the ball and disposal good out in the open. Could stay on a wing too but might be under utilising him there.

I personally don't see it with him as a mid. Even if he puts on muscle he'll still be small and he's not that skinny strong type. Tough yes. Strong no. Makes it hard for him to break tackles. That plus his massive ball drop result in very questionable disposal under pressure.

I would've thought we'd hear about delistings/signings by now ...
No rush for it. DFA period doesn't open till 1-Nov.

May wait and see what pick trades (if any) can be done - particularly relating to our pick 38.

May also be working on a new deal for TDK, and see how much cap room we have left afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back