List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

We chose a totally cooked version of Cincotta who was horrible and Kennedy as sub who was horrible. Dropped fit, form players who brought much needed pace and run for other fringe players who were not fit and brought no run at all.

Fisher and Dow had performed well in a big game just prior to finals against Melbourne, a game that was practically a final so the not big game players goes out the window.

Voss did exactly the same thing this year. Went back to his favorites despite slowing the team down and them not having fitness or form. The only difference was we got smashed instead of scraping out two wins. Wins which came mostly because both opposition kicked horribly for goal.

I agree in principle, but there's speed and then there's quality speed. Dow has neither, and Fisher is a player with a sidestep who has bottled it in close games for two clubs now.

The H&A game where they were both decent may have been a finals for us, but the SF was an actual final with a different level of physicality.

We chose a totally cooked version of Cincotta who was horrible and Kennedy as sub who was horrible. Dropped fit, form players who brought much needed pace and run for other fringe players who were not fit and brought no run at all.

Fisher and Dow had performed well in a big game just prior to finals against Melbourne, a game that was practically a final so the not big game players goes out the window.

Voss did exactly the same thing this year. Went back to his favorites despite slowing the team down and them not having fitness or form. The only difference was we got smashed instead of scraping out two wins. Wins which came mostly because both opposition kicked horribly for goal.

A lot of people blinded by winning a couple of finals. If 2023 was successful then the bar most certainly is low. We would have been marginally better with more pace. My opinion won't change on that. The last two seasons, every time we inject even a little pace into the team it improves significantly. We picked the slowest side we could for finals, struggled through two finals, won with a lot of luck involved and were outpaced in the prelim. Melbourne and/or Sydney don't have a mare in front of goal in 2023 and there would be more people agreeing with me.

Voss is proving that when it comes to finals, he falls back to his 'safe' options. Rather than sticking with players who bring improvement to the side and have good performances under their belt he has proven last year and this year that he falls back to his safe options. I would definitely call that choking. That and being afraid to play the young players all season. It wreaks of fear poor confidence.

The fact that Voss has this mantra of "finals are different" wreaks of fear. The idea that finals are different is BS. They are different for the first 10 minutes because everyone goes super hard. Fundamentals are the same. Game is the same.

I don't trust Voss to select the team well each week and I certainly don't trust him to get it right come finals. He's too reliant on favorites/players he rates at the expense of team balance and form/fitness. He's proven this over and over again. It's a weakness in his coaching.

I've gone over it before, the selections throughout the season and particularly in this and last years finals series being poor. They took the pace out of the team. They took away the run off half back and in the middle. Cuningham is the other selection which we got wrong in 2023. He was probably our best defensive half forward and we got smashed off the half back line. In the end it's up to the coach to pick a side that is fit, has form and has a really good team balance and he's failed to do that because he can't stop himself picking his favorites.
Sorry but i just can't find a point to agree on with any of that.

And to say Dow and Fisher are now big game players because you believe they played well in one game that had a finals type feel is drawing a very long bow. Funny how they can't cement their spots in their new teams either.

Your view on finals is very odd but i'm sure you've watched enough to know better than those who have played in them.

You make a strong case that Voss should give more game time to players that are not best 22 here or at any other club, backed up by the trade period. He has favorites he brings back like Kennedy, can you see him bringing Kennedy back now? Maybe it's less about bringing players back that he favors and more about the group of misfits who beat the eagles are probably not first choice finals players. They do run fast though, i'll give you that.

You make a strong case that Voss should give more game time to players that are not best 22 here or at any other club, backed up by the trade period. He has favorites he brings back like Kennedy, can you see him bringing Kennedy back now? Maybe it's less about bringing players back that he favors and more about the group of misfits who beat the eagles are probably not first choice finals players. They do run fast though, i'll give you that.
There is no universe in which Cerra should have played against Brisbane. Tagging Zorko with Cincotta was the biggest no brainer in history. I agree with our list changes this year but Voss clearly needs to trust players who are fit and in form more than he currently does.

Sorry but i just can't find a point to agree on with any of that.

And to say Dow and Fisher are now big game players because you believe they played well in one game that had a finals type feel is drawing a very long bow. Funny how they can't cement their spots in their new teams either.

Your view on finals is very odd but i'm sure you've watched enough to know better than those who have played in them.

Think bringing in a bunch of underdone players and resting Kennedy was a gamble which didn't pay off. Ideally we have our best players all fit and firing come September...that wasn't available to us this year.

Biggest issue for mine still is our structures and gameplan, not the personnel choices. When forced to kick to Kemp as our main target, we showed that we can have dynamic ball movement. A good coaching team will make us look even more dangerous when we have Charlie and Harry back int he side...not back to one dimension.

We have the cattle to have good forward movement, it's a sub-optimal gameplan that is the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back