List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

That would hopefully equate to season 2024 (as good as missed the finals) 🤞

IMO the step back was this year. Too slow, average game plan and massive injury list have made us reassess so much

I’m hoping for a number of corrections and a big year in 2025.

The talent is there

🤞

One can hope, but that's a hell of a lot of pressure on pick #3

Last edited:
I love the insinuation that the signing of Fantasia would be enough for the club to lose faith in the senior coach.

Just because a player is a whipping boy on big footy doesn’t mean they are everywhere else.

Fantasia always was, and continues to be, low risk, high reward, cheap, experienced, depth.

The fact the small/medium forwards at the club had such a poor year that he got 15 games despiste below average play tells me that it’s one of our greatest RFI areas in 2025.

Nope, sorry. Not having it. Not reading all that garbage again. See my response in the Carlton v Collingwood 2024/5 who's better thread.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
"garbage you say" :think:
I’m very ok with your opinion mate but I don’t agree with it.

Hope you’re having a good time in Melbourne mate 👍
I'm happy with disagreement- what do you disagree with though?
I couldn't disagree with anything more than I do this post. Clubs in a great position going into next year, only other thing I would have liked to see is more changes to the assistant coaches.
if 'great' is contending for a finals position - which IS an improvement on the last 20 years but NOT over the last three - I agree...just not my definition of 'great'.
IMO the step back was this year. Too slow, average game plan and massive injury list have made us reassess so much

I’m hoping for a number of corrections and a big year in 2025.

The talent is there
yes Soapy - problem is that we have evidence of LT structural issues with key player injury as a serious issue - Cerra and Walsh are key components of the team - there are others still on the list who are flaky at their best as far as prone to injury...McGovern/Williams two name just two more Saad and Docherty are a year older...both Docherty and SOJ coming back from ACL's...etc etc..

I have question marks over Voss's handling of the team as a team - even taking into account injuries.

As for game plan - we will have to wait and see.

My point is I dont expect anything more than another finals appearance with this team and maybe this coach.

My point is I dont expect anything more than another finals appearance with this team and maybe this coach.

Fair points. I have questions around our coaching and am surprised we didn’t change anyone. However, Cook & Sayers aren’t idiots. I have to assume they have worked with coaches about failures this year and how coaches will “adapt and improve” to play a modern game

There were concerns all year by coaches about our midfield mix

As for the team. My opinion is based on ability and also belief in improvement in youth. Fitness is massive. Our A grade talent is as good as any

I go though our list and nearly every player has a big upside to what they produced this year. Cripps is the only player that had a career best season

Cerra and Walsh are flying and already training. We need them fit. Talk is Innes has made changes already and has addressed what he sees as some major flaws

A lot of things need to go right but IMO we have the talent to go all the way in 2025. Our list “potentially” next year is much better than this year

Only time will tell if we can take advantages of it

Fair points. I have questions around our coaching and am surprised we didn’t change anyone. However, Cook & Sayers aren’t idiots. I have to assume they have worked with coaches about failures this year and how coaches will “adapt and improve” to play a modern game

There were concerns all year by coaches about our midfield mix

As for the team. My opinion is based on ability and also belief in improvement in youth. Fitness is massive. Our A grade talent is as good as any

I go though our list and nearly every player has a big upside to what they produced this year. Cripps is the only player that had a career best season

Cerra and Walsh are flying and already training. We need them fit. Talk is Innes has made changes already and has addressed what he sees as some major flaws

A lot of things need to go right but IMO we have the talent to go all the way in 2025. Our list “potentially” next year is much better than this year

Only time will tell if we can take advantages of it

Yep. Should get an easier draw too next year given where we finished in season 2024 vs 2023.

I'm really looking forward to a change up with our midfield mix. Just has to happen now. Cerra back fit and firing is significant.

Smith, FOS or Draper into the mix really gives us a boost of energy in there too.

Lord did some good work in there tail end of last season.

Walsh needs to be more outside... it's just not working as a more inside mid. Ollie looked good at hb. Walsh on the wing I'd like to see that move made.

B: Cowan - Weiters - Newman

HB: Ollie - Haynes - Saad

C: Walsh - Cripps - Acres

HF: Elijah - Harry - Kemp

F: Williams - Charlie - Fogarty

FOLL: TDK - Cerra - Pick 3

IC: Hewett - Gov - Boyd - Doc

SUB: Cottrell/Cincotta

We have JSOS and Moir that can come in too... also Lord, Binns, Wilson and the Campos if they prove themselves in VFL... Voss needs to stop persisting with older players regardless of their performance. Put pressure on them to perform!

Despite losing Owies - Motlop and Durdin have work to do barring injuries. Just not good enough in 2024, either of them.

Will be a make or break year for Young too... if he doesn't really step up... he will be gone.

Walsh needs to be more outside... it's just not working as a more inside mid. Ollie looked good at hb. Walsh on the wing I'd like to see that move made.

... Voss needs to stop persisting with older players regardless of their performance. Put pressure on them to perform!

Despite losing Owies - Motlop and Durdin have work to do barring injuries. Just not good enough in 2024, either of them.

Will be a make or break year for Young too... if he doesn't really step up... he will be gone.

Definitely Walsh needs to stop playing as an inside mid. Wing would be ideal.
Cerra & Lord on the ball. As someone else mentioned, C Durdin should have stints in the midfield also.

Voss' reluctance to take a chance on the young blokes and go with players half done, reeks of self-preservation to me.
He needs to step up, put his head on the block and start rewarding players pushing for the best 22.

I understand that some players just weren't ready but it's unfair not to reward them for good form.

Especially important to blood them during the season, giving them a chance when injuries or form to senior players dictate changes, allowing them to to settle.
Not just when half the team is out and the fate of the team's season rests on them coming straight in and play cut-throat footy on their first game.

Definitely Walsh needs to stop playing as an inside mid. Wing would be ideal.
Cerra & Lord on the ball. As someone else mentioned, C Durdin should have stints in the midfield also.

Voss' reluctance to take a chance on the young blokes and go with players half done, reeks of self-preservation to me.
He needs to step up, put his head on the block and start rewarding players pushing for the best 22.

I understand that some players just weren't ready but it's unfair not to reward them for good form.

Especially important to blood them during the season, giving them a chance when injuries or form to senior players dictate changes, allowing them to to settle.
Not just when half the team is out and the fate of the team's season rests on them coming straight in and play cut-throat footy on their first game.

100%

This form of "preservation" is actually more detrimental to him... Teague went down that path and ended up getting sacked.

I can't emphasise enough the importance of recruiting another young KPD. In my opinion, nailing one at pick 38, who can play best 22 football within 2 years propels this generation into premiership contention because freeing up weitering rectifies our ball movement. Over to you Nick Austin. Nail pick 38, should we retain it, and you have engineered one of the greatest drafts in Carlton's history

I just look at it like this... In 3-4 years time our list will be looking something like this.

O'Farrell + O'Sullivan are just assumed picks in the range we have though could be a range of players at those picks.

Using the 2015 draft as a cut off

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Cowan O'Farrell* Wilson
Binns Cerra O.Hollands
O'Sullivan* Curnow Fogarty
Motlop McKay Moir
DeKoning Walsh Walker

E.Hollands B.Camporeale Durdin Silvagni
Cottrell etc

Thats without taking into account trades, free agents, NGA kids, other F/S's, veterans that will still be around etc.

We are well set for the future.

I can't emphasise enough the importance of recruiting another young KPD. In my opinion, nailing one at pick 38, who can play best 22 football within 2 years propels this generation into premiership contention because freeing up weitering rectifies our ball movement. Over to you Nick Austin. Nail pick 38, should we retain it, and you have engineered one of the greatest drafts in Carlton's history

What if there isn’t a good one available?

Contending Clubs dont reach for pick 3's they reach for players that can help them win a GF- clearly the Club isnt confident about that second idea.
Huh? Melbourne traded up for pick 3 and picked Luke Jackson who was instrumental in a premiership season in only his second season. Daicos was instrumental in Collingwood's last flag and Ashcroft won a norm not long after he was drafted (both were gifted to their respective clubs, but same principal applies).

Clearly, like these premiership winning teams before them, Carlton have identified a player at pick 3 who can help us win a GF, and help us stay contenders for the future. Young, talented kids can and had just as big of an impact as the star trade.

A good key defender this year or next is a given. Haynes holds down the fort for a few seasons while they develop. If there is none available we just bring in a good mature option in the next three seasons.

Are we that bad?

Weitering is a Star
Silvagni will play there next year and is 26
We will add at least one, possibly two via DFA, Rookie etc. Names like Philips, DGB being mentioned
Lemmey has shown signs and is young. Big year for him
Young is handy
Durdin is being given pre season to show he can stay fit
Haynes, McGovern are third tall options that can play tall

If only 1 or 2 step up next year we look very different

I am all for drafting another tall but not for the heck of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back