List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Against two of the sh***est sides in the AFL is why.
accurate but kemp also lead towards the ball carrier, rther than standing and wrestling and waiting for the high ball.

if we can bring that into the mix, one leading and one or two engaging the body it immediately makes entry into the f50 more dynamic and less obvious

accurate but kemp also lead towards the ball carrier, rther than standing and wrestling and waiting for the high ball.

if we can bring that into the mix, one leading and one or two engaging the body it immediately makes entry into the f50 more dynamic and less obvious
So do Charlie and Harry. Difference is they have genuine gun defenders stuck to them like glue every second they're on the ground with others in their leading lanes to prevent them too.

Kemp does/did not.

I think you're looking at the Houston thing the wrong way. By trading up to Pick #3 we're clearly looking to add another ELITE cog to our side. That's why you trade 12 and 14 for #3, because we want to get a look at an elite player not just young depth.

When considering why we chose Pick #3 over Houston the decision was pretty clear. Both give us an option at an elite player to add to our side, the difference being that one is a half back flanker and would be on close to $1m a year and the other is (likely to be) a midfielder and on a rookie wage.

I suspect it was more the cash and potentially the positional need (needing midfield pace over backline support) steered us down the path of Pick #3 over Houston, but what we were looking to add was an elite player - that's pretty clear.
I think people take a high draft pick as a given future elite player way way too much for granted- when the evidence over decades suggests it is a goodish bet that the player becomes okish - maybe - if all goes well. Peopel can point to teh high picks that are great - but forget the many more that are total duds.

I think people take a high draft pick as a given future elite player way way too much for granted- when the evidence over decades suggests it is a goodish bet that the player becomes okish - maybe - if all goes well. Peopel can point to teh high picks that are great - but forget the many more that are total duds.
Regardless. That's clearly what the club is looking for. But i disagree with your position. I think Pick #3 has a clearly better chance of landing elite players.

Successful Picks roughly #2-#4 in the past 10 years include: Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver, Tim Taranto, Hugh McLuggage, Andrew Brayshaw, Luke Davies Uniacke, Isaac Rankine, Max King, Noah Anderson, Luke Jackson, Riley Thilthorpe, Logan McDonald, Sam Darcy, Finn Callaghan, Nick Daicos

Successful Picks roughly #12-#14 in the past 10 years include: Hipwood, Rioli, Simpkin, Perryman, Fogarty, Butters, Quaynor, Pickett, Day, Bruhn, Powell, Sinn, Hobbs.

There's a pretty clear difference in quality between those two lists, there's maybe one elite player in the 12-14 section - Zak Butters. Whereas there's 9-10 in the first group. There's a very clear difference in quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back