Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This team is just over $10 million but prices can change with 4 rounds still to go.

Defenders:

Flanders $670,000 Richards $560,000 Stewart $560,000

Rivers $490,000 Short $450,000 Coleman $280,000

Rookie $124,000 Rookie $124,000

$3,258,000

Midfielders:

Bont $700,000 Sheezle $ 650,000 Naicos $650,000

Petracca $500,000 Mills $350,000 Coniglio $400,000

No1 Rookie $207,000 Rookie $124,000

Rookie $124,000 Rookie $124,000 Rookie $124,000

$3,830,000

Rucks:

Xerri $ 620,000 Draper $ 420,000 Rookie $102,000

$1,142,000

Forwards:

Rankine $570,000 Smith $320,000 Phillipou $300,000

Lynch $ 200,000 Rookie $124,000 Rookie $124,000

Rookie $124,000 Rookie $124,000

$1,886,000
There is no way in the world you start Draper :moustache:

There is no way in the world you start Draper :moustache:

If Goldy isn't there and he is solo ruck then I think I would start him. Averaging 72 at the moment but last few games been ok.

1722498623991.png

If Goldy isn't there and he is solo ruck then I think I would start him. Averaging 72 at the moment but last few games been ok.

View attachment 2065370
5 years in the AFL, averaged in the 70's every year.

This is my favourite Draper stat. From 73% TOG.

1722499038013.png
You're a brave man taking a chance on him.

Season 6 Good Luck GIF

If its RD 16, my basic maths says he needs 55% fwd time to get fwd eligibility.

CBAs are too high I think couple that with TOG and pushing up after starting forward I think he misses

Sheezal won't be a forward.
Def or m/d if we get lucky
He'll lose def dpp, so he'll be mid only then unfortunately. Needed a few more weeks to get the rds 1-7 full defence role out

Started Gawn and Grundy
Traded Grundy to Meek
Traded in Sweet
Trades out Sweet
Traded Meek to English

Too many moves in the ruck for my liking. Set and forget next year :100:

Currently leaning towards English and Xerri. I think TDK will average the highest, but I still think he'll get beaten and bruised by bigger bodies and will need to be rested. I hate English, but he's still a piggy and is underpriced for his potential. Really like Meek, but will need big balls.

Started Gawn and Grundy
Traded Grundy to Meek
Traded in Sweet
Trades out Sweet
Traded Meek to English

Currently leaning towards English and Xerri. I think TDK will average the highest, but I still think he'll get beaten and bruised by bigger bodies and will need to be rested. I hate English, but he's still a piggy and is underpriced for his potential. Really like Meek, but will need big balls.

Xerri definately then R2 could be 1 of 4-5 options but I doubt Gawn will be in my starting team. Cameron is another player who has had a good 2nd half of the year and could be a decent POD.

I went Grundy to Xerri before the first price rise but I went early on sweet with the e so to get his 138 I traded Xerri to Walsh as I figured Xerri had to become English at some stage anyway. Probably the downfall of my season tbh

Started Gawn and Grundy
Traded Grundy to Meek
Traded in Sweet
Trades out Sweet
Traded Meek to English

Did the exact same ruck moves this season

Also stay away from Draper lol, if we are a serious club Bryan will play over him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know about players, but if it’s the same fixture setup as this year, so many more “best 18 rounds” early on means to me
  • more full on premos to maximise scores with heavy trading to avoid donuts,
  • rookies and tolerate long burn cash gen as the weekly high/low scoring not as relevant.

Watching closely today, i won't be starting Meek next year as he does not impact enough at this early stage of his career.

If it's not TDK as RUCK2 i am looking at English IF traded.

Ruck rules don't suit English but that could also be an attitude issue if he is waiting to get traded to West Coast. If he is traded, i think he tries harder and is worth the risk as few at West Coast demand SC points so they will go to him by default.

Nankervis at Richmond the other option as few will take take points off him and the few good players they have want out.

Gawn to expensive. Wait till he hits 600k.

Rest i don't like at this stage.

So if we get the same season in 2025 (early byes, R0) then the following really worked well this year.

• No starting top priced R0 players (no Daicos)
  • Minimal starting R0 value premiums (no Flanders)
  • Focus on starting bye free premiums
  • Mid pricers that played R0, was able to transition some of them out quickly with 2 rises as I was able to double upgrade in R4 to Flanders and Martin, R4 upgrades put me in front of other teams.
  • Dont pay top dollar for any premiums, only one upgrade over 580k, but thats not related to R0.

What didnt work
  • Buying a ticket to POD Island (FU Chad)
  • Not optimising the side fully, instead getting 2nd rate ruck cover instead of using saved trades for cover (Jackson)
  • Key Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back