Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs had their 2 tall defenders off the ground for most of the day and this bloke couldn't lay a glove on them.

A 6 disposal 3 mark game and absolutely no influence in the ruck contest.

He is 24 now - he is a spud but must keep playing as our list management has been so poor we have no one else to play the second tall role.

Dogs had their 2 tall defenders off the ground for most of the day and this bloke couldn't lay a glove on them.

A 6 disposal 3 mark game and absolutely no influence in the ruck contest.

He is 24 now - he is a spud but must keep playing as our list management has been so poor we have no one else to play the second tall role.

Didn’t they play Naughton on him down back for the second half?

Seems like Beveridge doesn’t think he’s a spud.

Absolutely has contributed to Larkeys form, which is a big tick.

Probably his worst of the games he’s played since replacing Chom, but given how much our midfield was destroyed, it isn’t really a surprise.

Would like him to hit the scoreboard a little more then he has been in the back half of the season.

He’s 24….

He’s a shitter Mason Cox.
mason cox is actually a pretty good kick and has very good dukes, for a bloke that never played the game until late in life he has been a terific get. i would take Cox over CJ any day of the week and twice on a sunday. and he didnt cost a 2nd rounder either!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Progress isn't linear. I'm not sold on him or the trade but happy to persist.

Our forward line still lacks cohesion, that's much as an issue as anything. We won a 50 yesterday and the forwards once again looked like they were all individually coming up with approaches rather than it looking like a slick set approach.

I have dubbed thee Carbon Rod!

I did once think Robbie Tarrant was also a Carbon Rod, so I guess there is hope?

Progress isn't linear. I'm not sold on him or the trade but happy to persist.
FWIW we really don't have a choice but to persist as we have no other options however it would be prudent to create other options, we simply need to get another KPF. Way to much riding on 2 blokes of which one is flakey and the other one cant stay on the track.

Its also had wider ramifications such as having to have eddie ford playing as a VFL forward due to not having a key there to learn his craft. turns out eddie is a better player up the ground and we wasted 2 years of his development as a player further up the ground by him being the VFL FWD. compare this to Souva who had the luxury to refine his craft in the VFL and pick up a frosty miller trophie along the way.

Idealy we have Chom supporting Souva if he can stay on the pitch with CCJ and another KPF in the VFL. But for now we are hamstrung with the status quo.

Shall we put a fork in him?
Seemed to work with Tazza
These days we can replace the good old fork with a fancy electronic meat thermometer, just to make sure he really is done.

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back