Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

That was Neptune, not Achilles Samsquash.
In that Carlton game he had opportunity to at least punch to stop Carlton defenders from taking marks on the goal line. He didn't even attempt on a couple of occasions. I can understand why nobody went to check if he was ok.

Edit: probably a bit harsh to say that, but, hey...

Last edited:
In that Carlton game he had opportunity to at least punch to stop Carlton defenders from taking marks on the goal line. He didn't even attempt on a couple of occasions. I can understand why nobody went to check if he was ok.

made magoo look like a card carrying member of mensa

This fella kicked 8 in the VFL in his last season. That takes talent. Hopefully can recover okay from the achillies, good to hear he's training hard. He's coming from a long way back but there's definitely some talent there, hopefully can start in the VFL and force his way in to the team.
Bruce kicked 11 in the AFL!

This fella kicked 8 in the VFL in his last season. That takes talent. Hopefully can recover okay from the achillies, good to hear he's training hard. He's coming from a long way back but there's definitely some talent there, hopefully can start in the VFL and force his way in to the team.
It was 9 iirc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh ffs. We don’t win games and we’re shit because we play 8 or 9 shit players every week. CCJ is and will always be one of them.

Stop with the baseless optimism and be realistic.
Use your imagination. In my head i can construct a player thats a tall marking dead eye dick beast.

Wonder what his exit interview feedback was like.

I hope it was frank. It's put up or career over time.

Hope he has the support required to give himself the best shot of making it. I was pretty unimpressed by the group's response to his injury.

Oh ffs. We don’t win games and we’re shit because we play 8 or 9 shit players every week. CCJ is and will always be one of them.

Stop with the baseless optimism and be realistic.
Plain as day, every failed possetion chain , defensive clanger or fwd 50 rebound is generated by substandard players, collectitively we die from death from 1000 cuts. the best matchplan in the world requires the cattle to pull it off.
We are still at least 12 blokes off fielding a list that can contend and cover a few injuries.

Wonder what his exit interview feedback was like.

I hope it was frank. It's put up or career over time.

Hope he has the support required to give himself the best shot of making it. I was pretty unimpressed by the group's response to his injury.
That is about 2 years to late. Blokes had what , 7 years in the sytsem? The talks should have Been focussed on what sort of payout he was prapered to accept.

That is about 2 years to late. Blokes had what , 7 years in the sytsem? The talks should have Been focussed on what sort of payout he was prapered to accept.
Yep. Feels wildly optimistic that there’s an AFL player there at this point. If he sees out his contract, it’s because we need the ruck depth after Free’s expected exit.

Spends a similar amount of time behind his opponents when on the field 😝
He's a structure player, like Elmo. At the very least he can give our VFL side a similar fwd structure.

As ive said before i feel he get lost up the ground and more suited to FF, so if Larkey happened to miss for whatever reason he might be an option there.

He kicked 9 didn't he?

I liked this but its a bit shit when that stuff happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back