Player Watch #21: Noah Balta - Signed Until 2032

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacana. Brings back memories. Played against Chris Johnson’s bro, Adam when he played for Jacana. We played rep footy together for RDFL.

One day playing against Jacana, he comes over and says to me, bro the guy your playing on is nuts, he will kill you and smile about, be careful. I thought he was kidding to put me off my game.

Turned around and had a campaigner with face and neck tattoos and I felt it that day. He wasn’t lying. It was U16’s.

Jacana, the poor area of Broadmeadows….

Absolute campaigners to play against the off the ball shite was unreal.

One game we had to be locked in our change rooms until the cops came. The parents were off their rockers and would run onto the ground

Absolute campaigners to play against the off the ball shite was unreal.

One game we had to be locked in our change rooms until the cops came. The parents were off their rockers and would run onto the ground

Yep. Been there many times. Once I did my ribs and was getting looked after by the trainer in the change rooms. Next minute my team come charging in. All in brawl and their fans had stormed the ground. We locked ourselves in the rooms fearing for our lives.

**** that place.

Love Noah resigning. We have a plan and are going for it. And Noah Balta is important to us getting back to the top of the mountain.

Not a huge fan of this deal. Realistically if he left as a FA we would have got pick 2 when he left? Like that's the worst-case scenario for us?

He's got no forward-craft and lacks the IQ to pick it up. I genuinely don't think he's in our top 22 as a forward (or anyone else's). The coaching staff seem to prefer Miller in defence, no doubt because Balta occasionally gifts the opposition with a goal due to bad decision-making with ball in hand. Really he should have gone to a team which desperately needs an athletic defender, he would have had good trade value and unlike Rioli he's largely surplus to requirements.

Not a huge fan of this deal. Realistically if he left as a FA we would have got pick 2 when he left? Like that's the worst-case scenario for us?

He's got no forward-craft and lacks the IQ to pick it up. I genuinely don't think he's in our top 22 as a forward (or anyone else's). The coaching staff seem to prefer Miller in defence, no doubt because Balta occasionally gifts the opposition with a goal due to bad decision-making with ball in hand. Really he should have gone to a team which desperately needs an athletic defender, he would have had good trade value and unlike Rioli he's largely surplus to requirements.
I agree. We dont have much brains left at rfc making decisions. There was no reason for extension let alone a 7 year one.

As we saw this year, if we at the bottom out its not a bad idea to let them go as free agents. Could have got 2,3,4 for bolton baker and rioli without having to wheel and deal. Balta next year could be 2 or 3. We so dumb now back to out old ways.

I love Balta more than most and value KPD's more than nearly any role. I hoenstly felt the last rebuild only looked legit once Rance & Astbury slotted in. But its alot for a guy they have moved around like a utility. If You are paying him like he is Weitering, you need to allow him to be that level of player in ONE role - not constantly being used as a band-aid

I agree. We dont have much brains left at rfc making decisions. There was no reason for extension let alone a 7 year one.

As we saw this year, if we at the bottom out its not a bad idea to let them go as free agents. Could have got 2,3,4 for bolton baker and rioli without having to wheel and deal. Balta next year could be 2 or 3. We so dumb now back to out old ways.
It takes 6years before a KPP hits their prime. That assumes we don’t pick a dud. Do you really want want to be bottom of the ladder for the next 6 years.

I love Balta more than most and value KPD's more than nearly any role. I hoenstly felt the last rebuild only looked legit once Rance & Astbury slotted in. But its alot for a guy they have moved around like a utility. If You are paying him like he is Weitering, you need to allow him to be that level of player in ONE role - not constantly being used as a band-aid
Carlton did the same with Weitering moved him forward early days it hurt his development took him a while to settle, we need to stop moving Balta around... like right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the Cornes' article where he is having a go at our club for signing Balta to a seven year deal. He thinks that the AFL should step in and limit contracts to 5 years.

Longmire also agreed saying that it's something the AFL should look. I suppose Longmire had no issue with the 9 year contract the Swans dangled in front of Buddy to get him to the club.

Deadset these guys are f*ckwits.

We didn’t have a choice. Did you forget about all the injuries we had this season?

We didn’t have a choice. Did you forget about all the injuries we had this season?

Of course we had a choice. He was doing it even before all the injuries.

We won a ****ing flag with Jack Riewoldt being the only tall in 2017 & he isn;t even that tall ffs.

Carlton did the same with Weitering moved him forward early days it hurt his development took him a while to settle, we need to stop moving Balta around... like right now.

Carlton barely did it Weitering Vs what we did with Balta. And from memory Weitering was drafted the year before Balta - & we have been doing this to Noah for the past 3 years.

Its not uncommon for a FPD to be trialled up forward. It is though, to start doing it AFTER the guy has already won a flag as as the best KPD on your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Noah Balta - Signed Until 2032

Remove this Banner Ad

Back