21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Rance- and Matthew Scarlett- Selected him to hold down the CHB position as he is the best I have seen do it, him and Scarlett I couldn’t split so I took both as I rate them as the best in the two kpp back spots. The best of all other positions had been taken so I thought where is an area I can be the best at for sure.
I guess with no midfielders or forwards picked in the top 50, you'll need to have a strong defence!

Nope. I thought he'd take one or the other and a key forward. I was planning on whoever he left off.

Now I have to reconsider my strategy. Key defensive depth is currently very strong. Given that, I'm going to take the guy I think would be the perfect partner to Hawkins and back that the defenders I want will be available later on.

Glen Iris select Jack Riewoldt
There goes my 2nd pick of 4

Boys, where are the unique picks? The draft bolters? The left field Mark Coughlan like picks?

These consensus top 20 players make it all a bit boring ;) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22. West Coast - Josh Kennedy (KPF)

I've gone Kennedy over a few others I won't mention just yet. (looking at you RUNVS :p)

Pretty self explanatory. I want k great KPF and I got one in Kennedy who is my next highest ranked by that position.
(It was very tempting t go a slightly left field pick but I really want a focal point so went one of my favs ever)

boncer34
Come on down!

22. West Coast - Josh Kennedy (KPF)

I've gone Kennedy over a few others I won't mention just yet. (looking at you RUNVS :p)

Pretty self explanatory. I want k great KPF and I got one in Kennedy who is my next highest ranked by that position.
(It was very tempting t go a slightly left field pick but I really want a focal point so went one of my favs ever)

boncer34
Come on down!
I almost took him over Jack but I felt Jack's attributes were better suited with Hawkins. Good pick.

Thanks mate...Love the bearded one.

Having both Hawkins and Riewoldt would be a bloody nightmare of oppo defences alright!
I wanted both Riewoldts, and then I also lost J Brown

I think I have picks 31 and 38. The two I want are still on the board but that could all be ruined in an instant :p
I think I want one of those players. I've got one that's sure to go soon. The other one I'm flexible with.

Pick 24 - Windrunners - Scott Pendlebury

Sure he’s not a KPF. Just a top 5 player of the 21st century at pick 24 😁

No one in the history of AFL has had more great games than Scott Pendlebury and we’re happy to have his 16 years of elite brilliance.

RedmanWasHere you’re up

The list managers at Hawthorn are delighted. They intended to pick a key forward with pick 9. But when Franklin (of course), Riewoldt, Pavlich and Lloyd were all gone (was hopeful the latter 2 would make it) and surprisingly Cox and Gawn were still available, they made a short list of elite key forwards they wanted and gambled that of the few names on that list, one might slide to pick 26 (one name in particular was a possibility). Now with the ability to pick a generational ruck and an elite CHF,

Hawthorn select with pick 26, Warren Tredrea.

Underrated in Victoria, Hawthorn is pleased to welcome a player that won 4 straight AAs at CHF, a premiership captain, 4x B&F winner (all in dominant years, including a flag), a coaches award winner, etc ,etc.

Over to you Purple7x08_24

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back