21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Still slightly annoyed I missed by 2 full forward options by just 2 picks so I will offer a trade...

Sphynx - would you accept my next 2 picks for your pick 45 (Fraser Gehrig) and you pick 143 (basically a 70 pick upgrade!)?
It would take one foolish person to give up the Hall/Gehrig forward line.

He really should be asking for your next 5 picks, then go from there. ;)

I think you wait until the end and add the final sides.

OK, thought it might be fun to see the sides developing which can add to the discussion and it adds to the strategy element as well (i.e. you know every team has a but yours has a first ruck so you can afford to wait to pick your own or you see the three teams between your picks all have no key defenders yet so you might prioritise a key defender first, etc.)

OK, thought it might be fun to see the sides developing which can add to the discussion and it adds to the strategy element as well (i.e. you know every team has a but yours has a first ruck so you can afford to wait to pick your own or you see the three teams between your picks all have no key defenders yet so you might prioritise a key defender first, etc.)
Personally I like seeing the sides developing so would probably just post an update every day/round or so anyway, unless that annoys people.

With that in mind it being in a stickied post would be preferable (just in list format, like what I posted earlier...not the actual position by position set ups) - but not sure what others think.

Personally I like seeing the sides developing so would probably just post an update every day/round or so anyway, unless that annoys people.

With that in mind it being in a stickied post would be preferable (just in list format) - but not sure what others think.
I'll do it after every other pick from here probably. 6, 8, 10 etc

Also suggested I would add the teams to the OP as well. Originally thought every 3 rounds but I think 5 might be better. Will it be too long to add to the top of to every page?

Should I just add it to page 1? or not at all?

Happy to be guided by consensus.
In other draft games I've been involved in we've had a separate page for updating teams, works pretty well

5 picks!! at this stage of the draft (where there are heaps of triple All Australians left, etc)! 5 All Australian calibre players for Fraser Gehrig?

Wayne Carey wouldn't be worth that. You're worse than Dodo!

5 picks!! at this stage of the draft (where there are heaps of triple All Australians left, etc)! 5 All Australian calibre players for Fraser Gehrig?

My main role in trade negotiations will be stirring the pot. There's your first taste!

You could always take Kent Kingsley. That Vulcan eyebrow raise was always a fav of mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RUNVS gave me his list, so with Pick 66, Carlton select...Sam Taylor.

MarcMaverick, yr up

That is a very balanced great midfield.
Would you like to give hawthorn the opportunity to give him away first?
I did really consider Kennedy to place with Selwood, even if they could be considered samey (Selwood was arguably a more polished version of Kennedy who started his A grade run earlier). But like small forwards earlier, elite "all rounder" defenders were disappearing, and midfield depth at this stage probably remains stronger.

I was always going to be envious of teams getting one of the first batch of KPD's, or two high calibre KPF's, or two ultra elite midfielders by now. But you gotta stick to your guns.

Pick 67
Alex Pearce

WilloTree

I was contemplating a sneaky pick with Pearce. Good get
I reckon there's a shit ton of recency bias in that one. I'd have 10 still on the board ahead of him.

Still slightly annoyed I missed by 2 full forward options by just 2 picks so I will offer a trade...

Sphynx - would you accept my next 2 picks for your pick 45 (Fraser Gehrig) and you pick 143 (basically a 70 pick upgrade!)?
Guardian Hawk

I will give you two options:

Option 1) Gehrig for Cox

Option 2) Gehrig + Pick 130 + Pick 143 + Pick 164 for Petracca/McGovern (You choose) + Pick 77 + Pick 94 + Pick 111

Option 1) Gehrig for Cox

Option 2) Gehrig + Pick 130 + Pick 143 + Pick 164 + Pick 177 for Petracca/McGovern (You choose) + Pick 77 + Pick 94 + Pick 111 + 128
We doing live trading? Holy crap is this fun!

Guardian Hawk

Option 1) Gehrig for Cox

Option 2) Gehrig + Pick 130 + Pick 143 + Pick 164 for Petracca/McGovern (You choose) + Pick 77 + Pick 94 + Pick 111

So, let me get this straight.

Option 1 is to trade my pick 9 player for your pick 45 player - swapping the clear best player in his position for what is maybe the 17th best player in his position?

Hahahaha.

or swap an equivalent player (2xAA vs a couple of 4 xAA's) for 3 50 pick downgrades?

Where do I sign?

In all seriousness, it was just a structural preference so I thought I'd make a generous 70 pick upgrade offer (for the last player (i.e. worst) of my 2nd tier key forward list). Not worth completely destroying my team for it.

Thanks anyway.

In terms of best place in the draft - I reckon first or last is best as you get a double pick each time. Yes, it's a wait but the ability to pick for different roles or do various strategies at the same time is a huge leg up.

In this draft, first place in particular is massive as I reckon Franklin is a unanimous choice and head and shoulders above the other key forwards - and then getting a double pick each time after that makes it extra juicy.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back