21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So, let me get this straight.

Option 1 is to trade my pick 9 player for your pick 45 player - swapping the clear best player in his position for what is maybe the 17th best player in his position?

Hahahaha.

or swap an equivalent player (2xAA vs a couple of 4 xAA's) for 3 50 pick downgrades?

Where do I sign?

In all seriousness, it was just a structural preference so I thought I'd make a generous 70 pick upgrade offer (for the last player (i.e. worst) of my 2nd tier key forward list). Not worth completely destroying my team for it.

Thanks anyway.

You have to give something to get something and the KPF's are just about all gone.

Your Tier 2 key forward, is definitely well and truly a Tier 1 forward in my eyes and I won't be able to replace him.

Of this pool, the following are the multiple Coleman Winners:

4 - Franklin
3 - J.Riewoldt, Lloyd
2 - Gehrig, Kennedy, Fevola, Curnow

And the only 4 players in the entire pool to average 4.5+ goals per game across a single season are Lloyd (2001), Gehrig (2004), Franklin (2008) and Fevola (2008).

I don't work off number of AA's vs AA's personally. They gave them out like candy to the minor premiers for a time.

An AA in the late 90's when Carey, Lloyd etc were all playing is worth a hell of a lot more than one in the late 00's when they were handing them out to Cam Mooney and naming Chad Cornes on a wing.

Last edited:
You have to give something to get something and the KPF's are just about all gone.

Your Tier 2 key forward, is definitely well and truly a Tier 1 forward in my eyes and I won't be able to replace him.

Of this pool, the following are the multiple Coleman Winners:

4 - Franklin
3 - J.Riewoldt, Lloyd
2 - Gehrig, Kennedy, Fevola, Curnow

And the only 4 players in the entire pool to average 4.5+ goals per game across a single season are Lloyd (2001), Gehrig (2004), Franklin (2008) and Fevola (2008).

I was open to a reasonable suggestion.

I think we're too far apart to get there.

He was the 17th selected key forward which is about right.

There are players still not selected within about 20 goals of his career tally that I'll be able to get later in the draft.

Let's not worry about it (even though trading is fun!)

There are players still not selected within about 20 goals of his career tally that I'll be able to get later in the draft.

How long do you think Darling, Gunston, Cloke, Petrie and O'Loughlin types will be around though? Some people are yet to pick a tall forward!

Again, I don't really care for career total goals and that's where he was selected, not where I had him rated, I had him a lot higher. He was 8th on my list of key forwards.

Tom Hawkins isn't better than Wayne Carey.

And Gehrig kicked 550 goals despite playing about 60 games at full back. Converting via his rate of scoring that puts him around J.Riewoldt career goal level from about 70 less games.

Again, I don't really care for career total goals and that's where he was selected, not where I had him rated, I had him a lot higher. He was 8th on my list of key forwards.

Tom Hawkins isn't better than Wayne Carey.

And Gehrig kicked 550 goals despite playing about 60 games at full back. Converting via his rate of scoring that puts him around J.Riewoldt career goal level from about 70 less games.
Gehrig played exactly 1 season at full back (2001)- and a handful of games swung back the following year.

Regardless, I'm happy to switch to Hall instead since you clearly rate Gehrig higher than anyone else (8th, really? Be interesting to see the other 8 key forwards taken before him that you rate him better than)

or we could just leave the discussion and go back to drafting (I'm sorry I suggested it tbh).

Suns pick Jeff White and Luke McPharlin

MarcMaverick

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back