21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm doing maths in my head about who's likely to take who, looking at my lists and which positions I can afford to hold off on and what strategy I should be employing. I think I know what I want to settle on but I'm not sure if they'll be around.
Yeah, now we know what the teams go through at draft and trade time.

You have a player who you really want for a position of need, and you believe they are clearly ahead of the other options available.

If they're still available at your pick, happy days. If not, you'd generally go for best available and ignore your position of need and fill it later with one of a number lesser options who will be available later in the draft.

It's quite fun watching each pik come up and the relief when they take someone you weren't really considering and the agony when the take someone you hoped to get.

Also fun trying to predict who'll go where (which I've done very little of so far).

You have a player who you really want for a position of need, and you believe they are clearly ahead of the other options available.

If they're still available at your pick, happy days. If not, you'd generally go for best available and ignore your position of need and fill it later with one of a number lesser options who will be available later in the draft.

Or if I really want a player I am trying to mentally calculate if I can hold off on getting said player, if there is a chance they could still be available in a few rounds.

I'm doing maths in my head about who's likely to take who, looking at my lists and which positions I can afford to hold off on and what strategy I should be employing. I think I know what I want to settle on but I'm not sure if they'll be around.
Ive got a temp list of 22 players with backups for each position. I should get who i want next pick. Next 2 should be good but I think Im gonna miss out on two mids on my list.

All of my players should be popular choices at some stage.

I'm taking a more of an overview of everything. Breaking it down by role and which ones needs to be filled, and of those, who are the top level players I want in those positions. Because there are a lot now that aren't superstars but still A Grade players for that respective role. Of course you can delve deeper and think about what type of player you want in that role (particularly in terms of rucks).

I have a list of about 200 players I definitely want access to (and a bunch of others that I rate really but have no need for as they might be better than players than what I have listed but they're not the types I need).
Ive got a temp list of 22 players with backups for each position. I should get who i want next pick. Next 2 should be good but I think Im gonna miss out on two mids on my list.

All of my players should be popular choices at some stage.
I'm a bit broader with what I want as I said above haha.

I'm taking a more of an overview of everything. Breaking it down by role and which ones needs to be filled, and of those, who are the top level players I want in those positions. Because there are a lot now that aren't superstars but still A Grade players for that respective role. Of course you can delve deeper and think about what type of player you want in that role (particularly in terms of rucks).

I have a list of about 200 players I definitely want access to (and a bunch of others that I rate really but have no need for as they might be better than players than what I have listed but they're not the types I need).

I will have some bias picking players Ive always liked. Ive missed the boat for KPD FB, CHB

i will be seeking best available player that fits the mold. No point having two inside bulls. Ideally want an inside bull, outside user, most elite ball handler. Wingers are runners.

Neale, Judd, Martin, Ablett for example

Hard part is knowing which players to target and when. I know mr meow is likely aeeking a small forward at this stage

If I didnt have Naitanui I would have chosen between Ryder and Rowan Marshall

See, I never considered Marshall this early. Not because he isn't good, but because I have quite a few players I think could contribute to what my plan is as far as rucks go.

Last few picks, next few to prepare:

70​
MelbourneMarcMaverickRowan Mashall
71​
CarltonRUNVSClayton Oliver
72​
SydneytheasianHarris Andrews
73​
West Side PavlovasMrMeow
74​
FremantlePurple 7x08_24
75​
North MelbourneSphynx
76​
Port Adelaidewhatwhatsaywhat
77​
HawthornGuardian Hawk

Last few picks, next few to prepare:

70​
MelbourneMarcMaverickRowan Mashall
71​
CarltonRUNVSClayton Oliver
72​
SydneytheasianHarris Andrews
73​
West Side PavlovasMrMeow
74​
FremantlePurple 7x08_24
75​
North MelbourneSphynx
76​
Port Adelaidewhatwhatsaywhat
77​
HawthornGuardian Hawk

Thanks. The same is already at the top (or is it your format you prefer)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was always going to pick a ruck with my last pick/s. I had Goldstien, White, Ryder and Mumford all about the same. Only Goldstien was gone, which was a but surprising. Rucks are going to get pretty thin on the ground pretty early (ish) I think.

Here's a copy of the info so far. eth-dog how do i add a collaborator. IF I set this up we can get a few people to modify it routinely and have it on the main page.

I can't remember how to do it, and only learned it in Excel but you can extract information about other columns from AFL Tables. I've done it before with a merge.

Here's a copy of the info so far. eth-dog how do i add a collaborator. IF I set this up we can get a few people to modify it routinely and have it on the main page.

Should get an email asking if I have permission as an editor now.

I can't remember how to do it, and only learned it in Excel but you can extract information about other columns from AFL Tables. I've done it before with a merge.

Okay, I've done an edit to permissions, everyone should be able to see it now.

Actually one of the best young kpp talents I have seen, shame it did not work out.
Lots of names come to mind. Not sure what happened to Bowen Lockwood but he was supposed to be massive.

Allen Jackovich lacked the attitude
Wingard has never been the same since 2014
Clive Waterhouse could have been massive

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back