AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 200th game against Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd just offer him 2 at the moment. No triggers.
Come on. Everyone loves trigger.
260px-Roy_Rogers_and_Trigger.jpg

NO RUSH ON DON DEAL

JAKE Stringer's hot start to the season is not expected to see a fast-tracked contract discussion with the Essendon match-winner in the final year of his current deal.

The Bombers forward sits fourth in the Coleman Medal after round three with 10 goals so far this season, including last weekend's game breaking long goal to steer Essendon to a come-from-behind win over St Kilda.
But the Bombers indicated last month they were likely to wait until deeper into the season before opening negotiations on Stringer, who is due to play his 200th game in the middle of this year.

His strong start to this campaign playing largely as an inside-50 threat is not expected to push forward the timeline although rivals will track Stringer if he remains out of contract and putting together goalkicking efforts such as the win over the Saints.

. – Callum Twomey

If we can give James bloody Stewart 2 years for nothing surely we can give this guy 2.
We persisted with Aaron Francis for like 7 years. Jake Long got 3 years too many.

The notion of offering Stringer 1 year deals and playing hardball might sound galaxy brain on paper, but it's not really practical or realistic.

Not showing your age at all. Nor am I by implying I know what you're on about when I say "not showing your age" ;)
I am but it is my dads fault. He loves Roy Rogers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jake plays the entire season, Essendon make finals. That’s how important he is to the team. It’s clear that last year he was playing injured. Went from being a cb/ forward to a full forward who can’t move. Most players just don’t get picked in that situation but Jake does because of his supreme talent. Personally I’m offering two on market value coin with a trigger for another on games played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back