Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
what nonsense.

He's not worth much to us. But he's been a good and loyal servant. Thank him for his service and look at the next player. Its not unders. We arent going to offer him a new contract. Its a years service as a fringe player. thats about 45-rookie.

A 4th rounder is huge unders sorry but it is. 44 is about right and we'd be fine with that, 25 was the pipe dream. What did we give the Pies for Taylor Adams again? 44 with a swap next year to suit both sides.

Yep which is why I'd reluctantly accept it. 3 picks before a Cochran bid not that I rate Cochran much. On basic terms we'd have 19, 21, 44, then Cohran. We'd have to delist one more (probably Jacob Konstanty I wouldn't but think that's what they do)
With some basic bid matching in place we will have 22, 25 , 39 and Cochran by trading Parker and delisting Konstanty. I think thats a pretty good draft hand whilst also having potential to trade the 39 out to acquire points for next year

With some basic bid matching in place we will have 22, 25 , 39 and Cochran by trading Parker and delisting Konstanty. I think thats a pretty good draft hand whilst also having potential to trade the 39 out to acquire points for next year

I'd keep the 39 this year, purely as the new rules come in next year with trading two years in advance. 39 this year is a mid 20's next year. I have to say uless it massively improves next year looks an abysmal draft and I'm being kind. Would not even take a live pick at all next year.

what nonsense.

He's not worth much to us. But he's been a good and loyal servant. Thank him for his service and look at the next player. Its not unders. We arent going to offer him a new contract. Its a years service as a fringe player. thats about 45-rookie.

Aren't we?

If we ended up keeping him and he played 15-20 games and was injury free I don't see why we wouldn't offer him a new contract. We offered Rampe a two year deal didn't we? It'd be on reduced money but that's pretty obvious.

Aren't we?

If we ended up keeping him and he played 15-20 games and was injury free I don't see why we wouldn't offer him a new contract. We offered Rampe a two year deal didn't we? It'd be on reduced money but that's pretty obvious.

Personally a pick in the 60's is worth zilch we get nothing out of it. Could just keep him as the sub and play his 300th for us if that's the value. Pick 44 is probably worth it to trade (allows us options to trade it, flip it, or take the selection)

I'd keep the 39 this year, purely as the new rules come in next year with trading two years in advance. 39 this year is a mid 20's next year. I have to say uless it massively improves next year looks an abysmal draft and I'm being kind. Would not even take a live pick at all next year.
Need as much as we can get to match the academy boys next year so an F2 would be a great deal for pick 39

Your wasting draft posts on here with your mate

Need as much as we can get to match the academy boys next year so an F2 would be a great deal for pick 39

We can do that with 2026 and 2027 picks too. I'm taking the pick in the MUCH better draft which is this year.

We can do that with 2026 and 2027 picks too. I'm taking the pick in the MUCH better draft which is this year.
Okay and what happens with the current 3 players in the 2026 draft class are they just not going to be available to us. Given the Tassie entry as well it will be hard to trade back into drafts in the future. So much rather trade out of 2024.

Okay and what happens with the current 3 players in the 2026 draft class are they just not going to be available to us. Given the Tassie entry as well it will be hard to trade back into drafts in the future. So much rather trade out of 2024.

We can make decisions then, I'll be blunt and kind, I actually don't rate next year's draft one single bit, now this might change but at this stage that's my call. Tassie will want more picks, they are ripe for fleecing go GC style.

Feel we want 3 live picks this year

I'm quite happy to reward a faithful warrior with a sweetheart deal. The part that galls me is Clarkson outrageously calling this out mid-season and still getting his wish - he really is a piece of work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back