Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually possible to not rate a player that highly and think we could use them differently without thinking they are responsible for the whole team's performance...

I still don't understand what point you're actually making though. It's as if you're saying individual ins and outs have no bearing on performance so.. we shouldn't make changes? We should?

must say that if mills is straight in and parker overlooked a second time...

i hope theres been some real and meaningful conversations because it'd be pretty hard to take (even acknowledging the bloodthirsty nature of professional sport)

must say that if mills is straight in and parker overlooked a second time...

i hope theres been some real and meaningful conversations because it'd be pretty hard to take (even acknowledging the bloodthirsty nature of professional sport)

Mills has shown he can play a number of positions easily, what ones has Parker shown and don't say forward as hes played what 1/2 a game forward since his debut year.

Mills has shown he can play a number of positions easily, what ones has Parker shown and don't say forward as hes played what 1/2 a game forward since his debut year.

Huh? He's spent plenty of time forward.

He started forward? News to me. Resting mid is not a forward two different roles

Yes.

For someone whose username revolves around the player in question you don't seem to familiar with his career.

Yes.

For someone whose username revolves around the player in question you don't seem to familiar with his career.

Not since his first few years he hasn’t. A resting mid is a different role, I’m fine us trying him there if he plays in the VFL there first.

Not since his first few years he hasn’t. A resting mid is a different role, I’m fine us trying him there if he plays in the VFL there first.

So has Heeney been a 'resting mid' all his career or has he split his time between forward and mid just like Parker has for a significant portion of his career?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't forget Parker kicking 5 goals against the Giants in 2022 while playing as a fwd
Nah mate he was just resting.

Kicked 5 against the cats too. Must have been a big rest.

He kicked 14 gosls in 2022. 5 of them in the opening game. 9 in the next 24 games that year. He’s had a random day out.
Or he's not a permanent forward. Seems to have a lot of days out.

Amazing how far Parker has dropped in the pecking order. Clearly is behind Heeney, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills, Gulden and Adams. He's now left to prove himself in the VFL, fighting alongside Sheldrick and Cleary. If our list remains fit and in form, we may not see Parker this year and possibly ever again in our AFL team.

Amazing how far Parker has dropped in the pecking order. Clearly is behind Heeney, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills, Gulden and Adams. He's now left to prove himself in the VFL, fighting alongside Sheldrick and Cleary. If our list remains fit and in form, we may not see Parker this year and possibly ever again in our AFL team.
He was probably already behind the five bolded even before he broke his arm.

This is a concept I struggle with.
Why is it amazing?
Isn't it fantastic that so many younger players have pushed pass him?
It's a tip to the hat of development and drafting of a core group. It's literally the golden generation of swans .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back