Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for him to stay on
We can't get rid of everyone in one season and then just throw the new kids to the wolves
Agreed, they'll be broken down

Lol - yes to all of the above.

Like Prestia, Dow has good hands. That's why it's the spot he needs to be eyeing.

I'd say add muscle and become a fierce tackler. Add endurance to be able to get to more contests. If he can achieve those things then he's got a chance to be a stopgap midfielder for a few years before the kids go past him.

I can't see him playing any other position on the park.

I agree. I even think that Taranto being a get and kick it player has sort of thrown Dow a lifeline.

1 year prove it deal is fair enough given the way the list has been gutted.

Hopefully gets the kind of support that was missing through most of the year and isn't forced to lead a bunch of cubs into battle.

I’m glad Dow has been given one more year as I think he’s got some ability. He’s very agile, has good hands and he can take a mark.

I believe ATM he’s poorly coached. He always exits out the back of stoppages and looks for the handball backwards, which he executes without a problem but it causes no damage. He needs to be encouraged to exit forward of the stoppage a lot more often and use his agility and clearance ability as a weapon.

He needs to be told to take risks at all times and not care if he gets caught or misses targets at times. I honestly think he’s got some attributes that can be valuable … just needs the coaches to tell him to play differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m glad Dow has been given one more year as I think he’s got some ability. He’s very agile, has good hands and he can take a mark.

I believe ATM he’s poorly coached. He always exits out the back of stoppages and looks for the handball backwards, which he executes without a problem but it causes no damage. He needs to be encouraged to exit forward of the stoppage a lot more often and use his agility and clearance ability as a weapon.

He needs to be told to take risks at all times and not care if he gets caught or misses targets at times. I honestly think he’s got some attributes that can be valuable … just needs the coaches to tell him to play differently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good observation. He really needs to hit the gym though so he can stand up and go through the traffic rather than around it. He has the quick hands and release, but as you say he goes sideways. There were the Edwards comparisons in the early days, the master of forward handball, hope he studies his tapes all summer. He is essentially backup, but if he can improve, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back