AFL Player #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched that handball again to the Brisbane player - am in tears. The Brisbane player was like I will take that thank-you very much. He didn't even look surprised to be receiving it, he in fact looked ready for it

Essendon's Jake Kelly has been charged with 'misconduct' after kicking Brisbane opponent Eric Hipwood during the third quarter of Saturday night's affair.

Kelly's actions have warranted a fine, which can be reduced to $1250 from $1875 with an early guilty plea.

Essendon's Jake Kelly has been charged with 'misconduct' after kicking Brisbane opponent Eric Hipwood during the third quarter of Saturday night's affair.

Kelly's actions have warranted a fine, which can be reduced to $1250 from $1875 with an early guilty plea.
I'd have said that's a week tbh

Just watched that handball again to the Brisbane player - am in tears. The Brisbane player was like I will take that thank-you very much. He didn't even look surprised to be receiving it, he in fact looked ready for it

His third worst moment of the night behind kicking Hipwood (respect), and dropping an uncontested mark on the wing and then panic throwing it.

We ask why we recruited him? Generally clubs go to market and try to top up on specific attributes and skills, we were no different. Except the skill deficiency was people who show a modicum of defensive discipline and run like the clappers, not anything to do with an actual football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as big a critic as some and I’m a Scott fan …but decision to play him on a wing earlier in the season was a shocker.
Not really, Scott was moving the magnets around to see what worked. That didn’t and they didn’t persist for more than a handful of games

Sentence is manifestly inadequate.

You've just been fined $1875

I’ve what?? GENTLEMEN.. THIS.. IS.. DEMOCRACY..MANIFEST. What is the charge? Kicking a bloke who sat on my head? ...oh, that's a nice handball sir, I see you know your AFL well.. and you sir, waiting to receive my limp handball, Tata and farewell.

You've just been fined $1875

I’ve what?? GENTLEMEN.. THIS.. IS.. DEMOCRACY..MANIFEST. What is the charge? Kicking a bloke who sat on my head? ...oh, that's a nice handball sir, I see you know your AFL well.. and you sir, waiting to receive my limp handball, Tata and farewell.
You forgot 'GET YOU HANDS OFF MY PENIS!!' I'm fairly sure it's a seamless transition into an imaginary AFL scene and doesn't require changing.

Such was Jakes form on Saturday Bryan was lucky he didn't get falconed

Attachments

• 3b009c64dfb4b9d89bfffd09ddc8011132ddeecf.gif
    3b009c64dfb4b9d89bfffd09ddc8011132ddeecf.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Hasn't been the same since his concussion.

Harsh, but should not get another contract if he wont put his body on the line anymore. Jibbed the contest multiple times.
This and I said it last year when he returned - he doesn't have the skill level that we can carry him now that he was no longer committing to the contest - very few do.

This and I said it last year when he returned - he doesn't have the skill level that we can carry him now that he was no longer committing to the contest - very few do.
Yeah, that was his 1 wood. His whole game is based on 1 on 1 pressure.

He doesn't have the run or skill on the open areas around the wing.

Some harsh calls need to be made or we will repeat the same next year.

I think it is clear he has not been the same since he got knocked out last year. Has always been a good ordinary player and before the concussion he was always pretty hard at it. Has really struggled for most of this year. Should not get another contract.

Hipwood had just kneed him in the back of the head. Wish a few more of our blokes showed the fight Kelly did.
Did he hear the thundering footsteps on that fateful day?
As he looked up at that Sherrin, did he know he'd have no say?
I think it is clear he has not been the same since he got knocked out last year. Has always been a good ordinary player and before the concussion he was always pretty hard at it. Has really struggled for most of this year. Should not get another contract.
And so all you men with small ability and mediocre skill,
All those of you who in the race of life are left standing still,
All those who must always know others who are unquestionably better,
The second class, the also-ran, the unsucessful go-getter

The minor-leaguers, the average markers, the consistent second-raters,
The stay-at-homers, the timid loners, the habitual masturbators,
The ugly girls, the amputees, the screaming mongoloids...

...All of you huge race of men, with mind or body dismembered,
Never forget the name of the man who will never be remembered

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back