AFL Player #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely wonder if some of our players are colour-blind. That’s farcical.
The funny thing is Bryan looks very unsure of what is about to happen but not the Brisbane player - he fully expected a beautiful looping handball from the opposition while in the clear 20m from goal. They would have been briefed pre game that our defense is calamity central and to expect such things.

No, come on! You can’t kick someone

Push him in the chest or something, you don’t kick him in the back

Meh, it's against the rules but he copped a knee to the side of the head by the looks of it and he gave Hipwood a toe poke at post.

Fine him, suspend him for a week, that's fine.

Hardly worth the amount of posts made in here about it. If it was almost any player but Kelly people wouldn't be posting.

Meh, it's against the rules but he copped a knee to the side of the head by the looks of it and he gave Hipwood a toe poke at post.

Hardly worth the amount of posts made in here about it. If it was almost any player but Kelly people wouldn't be posting.
or maybe because its the first time ive seen a player kick someone that's on the ground. such a pussy move

A player tried to take a mark and Kelly kicked him. That's what happened.

Supposed more hasn't been made of the live kick. No force though just a lame poor look but no harm or intent in it.

Happy to see him go as his 1 on 1 strength and defense is undone by multiple errors that result in goals anyway. Handball to team mates getting tackled or straight to the opposition.

Gives 100% but just his strengths atriggke to outweigh the negatives. Depth or delist going forward.

Supposed more hasn't been made of the live kick. No force though just a lame poor look but no harm or intent in it.

Happy to see him go as his 1 on 1 strength and defense is undone by multiple errors that result in goals anyway. Handball to team mates getting tackled or straight to the opposition.

Gives 100% but just his strengths atriggke to outweigh the negatives. Depth or delist going forward.
I promise you, if you put me out on that field I'd also give 100% for the same overall result.

I, like Jake, have no place on the footy field. Now give me $300k a year.

Aren't we trying to lure a couple of free agent GWS defenders? Maybe holding off making a call on him til we find out whether that is happening?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Perryman and Cumming we were linked to? I don't think either of them have signed as far as I know?

Plus, we will be balancing our incoming numbers plan:
  • Draft, SSP, rookies etc
  • incoming trades
No point exiting more players than you can fill / or roles you can’t back fill (no matter how low Kelly may be rated).

Never seen a club do all their exists straight away. Usually follow tranches as things become clearer.

Considering Kelly played a lot in 2024, not surprised he’s going through a longer / see how things play out process.

When he could've contested the ball instead. You think people are going to just let that go? Langford has copped it for years. And he didn't go the Hurley cab tip on anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back