2nd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 4 1400hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is looking a bit ahead but 4 names that did make me think a bit deeper in the T20 squad v West Indies:

Marcus Stoinis- the guy is a fraud. 1 decent innings this season in BBL13, and maybe 2 in the last 2 seasons. I dont really understand why he has been selected bar his reputation. I know BigFooty generally like to bash Stoinis but he is the mystifying selection for me. Stoinis largely looked uninterested in most of the BBL campaign this season and his omission from the ODI squad - I think has actually hurt him more than what most think. (his ego and has largely looked sad)

David Warner- played a handy innings in the ILT20 last night but has largely looked uninterested in the ILT20 and the last 2 games of the BBL. I have to admit, I think his best is far past him. The few games here against the Windies and tour of NZ are crucial in him securing that opener role- as there arent any more scheduled series at the time of writing between now and the World Cup.

Tim David- he struggled on the bigger Australian grounds to clear the ropes. Yes in the subcontinent and smaller grounds , he can whack them. But it should be horses for courses for selection with him. Against middle to lower oppositions he has struggled.

Matthew Wade- was injured in the latter half of the BBL, and one senses at his age, maybe his past is past him as well. One senses if there is another keeper in that squad in Josh Inglis, he doesnt get a game ahead of him. (especially in the T20 World Cup )

This for you guys information was the original squad:

Australia T20I squad: Mitchell Marsh (c), Sean Abbott, Jason Behrendorff, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Short, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl:

West Indies Justin Greaves, Alick Athanaze, Kjorn Ottley, Shai Hope (c/wk), Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Romario Shepherd, Matthew Forde, Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Oshane Thomas

Australia Jake Fraser-McGurk, Josh Inglis (wk), Cameron Green, Steven Smith (c), Marnus Labsuchagne, Matt Short, Aaron Hardie, Sean Abbott, Will Sutherland, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

I would have been interesting in seeing if Bartlett could back it up but they "rested" him lol

Heavy pass it’s a bore watching us roll them for sub 250 and walk it in. Least we can get 50 overs of batting in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually can't recall Australia picking a batsmen with such crap domestic stats, don't get me wrong be good if it paid of.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd ODI Australia v West Indies Feb 4 1400hrs @ the SCG

Back