Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took him a millisecond to compute the free player was at the back of the pack and to dish the handball off. Ridiculous.

Did the play even register with the commentators?
only used 2 frames of the video to change direction, its like a slight of hand trick. no mean feat getting around cripps to execute it either.

LDU is a special player, but I think everyone in the team - even GW - knows Sheeze is our best.

I do think that Kerch will catch him in 18 months however.
kerch may get him in straight line speed and sweeping kicking but i doubt he will ever match the way harry works in confined space. infact few in the league can/will. really have to go back to Greg Williams or Darren Jarman perhaps to recall any player with such a natural brain for the game.

kerch may get him in straight line speed and sweeping kicking but i doubt he will ever match the way harry works in confined space. infact few in the league can/will. really have to go back to Greg Williams or Andrew Jarman perhaps to recall any player with such a natural brain for the game.
Hmmm ... Jarman got the crows two premierships ... bastard

You know what's better than Harry Sheezel? Knowing we have him signed til 2030.

If he's not AA, it might actually force a review of the AA Voting system.
He wasn't even discussed at first meeting. So wasn't in the top 60 or so.

Completely bamboozled Cripps in the middle there. Stunning player. Should be walking into the AA team. I'd have him in the starting lineup.

He wasn't even discussed at first meeting. So wasn't in the top 60 or so.

Shows the value of the AA as an award in stark relief.

He might actually be the smartest player in the competition. Pound for pound I think he has a slight ways to go to beat Cripps or Bontempelli for impact on games, but he is carrying around a very very big beautiful brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back