Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

8 coaches votes this week.
Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Reckon they'll put him on the bench as a safe choice that can play anywhere. Need to get Dane Higginbottom on the ground.
On the bench, on the field. Whatever, just get the kid in the jacket.

I watched First Crack last night and Joey Montagna gave him the nod for All Australian, the case is mounting by the week
It needs to start early. They will only include him if there is outside pressure from the public and “neutral” media.

It was the same with Larkey last year. His stats didn’t get him in, it was the say-so of the “expert” panel leading up to the announcement.

100%. I've been listening to SEN with Gerard Healy, Cornes and Brad Johnson a bit lately and the number of arguments they make to justify Harry not being an All Australian is beyond a joke, they can't bring themselves to admit that were the All Australian team selected on merit he would be one of the first selected.
I really don't get why anyone gives a flying **** about AA...

It's like the Brownlow, selected by a bunch of nuffies that are shit at their jobs.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get why anyone gives a flying **** about AA...

It's like the Brownlow, selected by a bunch of nuffies that are shit at their jobs.

I dunno. I’d hazard if you asked actual players whether winning a Brownlow, RS or AA selection meant anything to them, you’d get 100% response that they’d give a very serious flying duck.

I dunno. I’d hazard if you asked actual players whether winning a Brownlow, RS or AA selection meant anything to them, you’d get 100% response that they’d give a very serious flying duck.
I'm tipping if I asked Trent Cotchin if he gives a flying **** about his All Australian blazer, he'd show me 3 fingers instead.

I guess Des Hedland would rate his RS if asked? He may have forgotten by now though.

Chas is a different beast as it has been built up to be something extraordinary, when the most extraordinary players the game has ever seen haven't got near one...

No disrespect to Pendles, but Harry is equal to whatever pendles was at his best.
That is disrespect. And recency bias. Pendlebury at his best was a Norm Smith medal winner, a vital player in a second premiership, and over and over again a player who changed the course of games and pulled his team over the line.

That is disrespect. And recency bias. Pendlebury at his best was a Norm Smith medal winner, a vital player in a second premiership, and over and over again a player who changed the course of games and pulled his team over the line.
Yeah I'm sure Harry would be very comfortable being likened to Pendles.

I didn’t question his credentials champion. Harry is doing this in a bottom of the table side, 30 odd and couple goals a game at 20, pendles was doing that in his prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back