Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles just signed on for his 20th season. Sounds insane but Harry’s every chance to be playing in the 2040s.

Footy nuffie who already prepares better than just about anyone in the game.

If you were picking any player to break the games record it would be him.
Those of us in our 50s are hoping we live long enough to see his whole career.

Pendles just signed on for his 20th season. Sounds insane but Harry’s every chance to be playing in the 2040s.

Footy nuffie who already prepares better than just about anyone in the game.

If you were picking any player to break the games record it would be him.
He has that physical makeup where he seems super durable, but also not explosive so he hopefully avoids those soft tissue injuries. He's played every game since his debut, which already has him top 50 for games in a row (active players). I could see him breaking Crisp's record for consecutive games a decade from now (if/when Crisp goes past Stynes at 244).

Those of us in our 50s are hoping we live long enough to see his whole career.

Geez, when you put it like that!

aece4063e4792bafe0cc7672c239c45e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuinely think we have a top 3 player in the league potential player here. How astonishing is that.

Everyone should listen to he's Harry world radio from today. He's best work I think. Hearing he's reaction to being told how good he is was sp modest to

What would he have to do to convince you he was the single best player in the league?

Would repeating the standard of his two most recent games over the course of (most of) a season do it?
He might be playing the best, right now. But he'd have to put more runs on the board and probably perform in finals to be legitimately called the best player in the comp.

I'm as big a Sheezel fan as anyone but I don't think that title should jump around every few weeks, depending on who is in form.

He might be playing the best, right now. But he'd have to put more runs on the board and probably perform in finals to be legitimately called the best player in the comp.

I'm as big a Sheezel fan as anyone but I don't think that title should jump around every few weeks, depending on who is in form.
To remove any doubt, I wasn't suggesting that he already is.

I'm not sure finals are necessary. eg. GAJ at the Suns.

But yeah, if he plays 12 months in the midfield at his current standard, he'd have to enter the conversation.

I remember saying to a mate when Carey was only 19 at the time - we might just get to enjoy a decade of something very special here. My mate still remembers that conversation and tells me I was spot on.

I wasn't sure I'd ever get that feeling again. But I'm starting to feel those vibes again. And I'm hoping that the way Sheezel plays he'll have an endurance and and longevity something close to a Pendlebery (not much to ask, I know).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back