Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember on draft night thinking, did we just use Pick 2 on a forward flanker?

Talk about getting it wrong.

We have a football god running around in our jumper and he’s still a baby in AFL terms.

**** Northball, we need to play Sheezball!

Just about every time this kid gets it, something happens.

LDU had a fantastic game yesterday, but don’t forget that he was let off the chain because the Tuggers were more concerned with Harry.

A 19 year old getting tagged and still has 29 with a high game impact is just nutz.

Since his shift to a more midfield role his disposal numbers have remained pretty much identical. However his contested possession numbers, clearance numbers and score involvements have gone through the roof, with uncontested possessions, intercepts and meters gained dropping off, all of which is to be expected. His ability to switch roles halfway through a season, and be as dangerous in the new role as he was in the old is ****ing mental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh

Daicos is a jet.

He and Sheezel are different types of players anyways.

Never really understood why so many compare the two.

I agree, it was a bit of a cheeky dig lol they both played in the back line, then moved into the middle and had very similar path

Diacos is the AFL golden child though, he gets so many free kicks in his advantage and is widely overrated in the media. Put Diacos in our side, he wouldn't compare

Daicos is a jet if he has the right group around him. How would Daicos go if the midfield group was bullied in his first season?
Daicos has an elite work-rate, he'd still be a jet.

Daicos has an elite work-rate, he'd still be a jet.
So he would have a similar year to Colby? (Off half back) I think there isn’t much difference between colbs and daicos work rates. I think Colby will win his own pill in the contest more than Daicos does. He’s quite larger in the shoulders and the back compared to Nick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back