Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I noticed during the game (and confirmed watching the Kayo mini replay) was that Sheezel had three disposals (a kick and two handballs) in the first 30 seconds but on the telecast it only stated that he had two. I don't know if they corrected the error during the match, but he may have had 35 disposals.

My story will change depending on who it’ll annoy the most, today we beat WCE, and the difference was the pick given to us by them.
They could’ve easily had Sheezel running around for them.
Yeah, but Ginby will have a great career. A lot of experts were saying 2022 draft not so flash. I reckon from what weve seen so far, the top end is as good as most years. And to think many rate Wardlaw the best of the lot if not for his injuries. Can't wait to see him on the part with Harry.

I’ve spent the time since the first praccy telling friends that I wish well to get him into their fantasy team because (and I quote) his brain is a half seconds ahead of the game. I had high expectations and saw the seeds of greatness.

This debut blew those expectations out of the water.

Nick Daicos shit. Cannot stop smiling.

He’s as close to Daicos as I’ve seen when behind the ball
I didn't watch Daicos enough to really say one way or the other last year but i thought alot of Sheez's possessions today were quality ones that either changed the flow of the game our way or resulted from him busting his arse to get to the right spot to be an option. And most of the time that opened the game up for us.

He was genuinely our best player early in the game. Some of those touches were unreal. Someone, maybe a port supporter described him as a seagull but that couldn't be further from the truth. He makes possessions count.

I've heard that about daicos but also heard he got alot of easy possessions last year. I wouldn't say that about Harry today.

My missus and kids went into town shopping while the game was on today. They had no idea how he went but came home with two boxes of cheezels. Normally we don't buy that sort of shit.

I didn't watch Daicos enough to really say one way or the other last year but i thought alot of Sheez's possessions today were quality ones that either changed the flow of the game our way or resulted from him busting his arse to get to the right spot to be an option. And most of the time that opened the game up for us.

He was genuinely our best player early in the game. Some of those touches were unreal. Someone, maybe a port supporter described him as a seagull but that couldn't be further from the truth. He makes possessions count.

I've heard that about daicos but also heard he got alot of easy possessions last year. I wouldn't say that about Harry today.

My missus and kids went into town shopping while the game was on today. They had no idea how he went but came home with two boxes of cheezels. Normally we don't buy that sort of s**t.
Daicos gets a lot of easy possessions because he has an elite football brain and finds space. He also disposes of the ball super quick to the best option a high percentage of the time. Sheezel seems to have very similar traits, in his ability to put himself in the right positions to find the ball, to sum up the best option in a split-second, and to execute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF had all the hype but never delivered.

This guy delivered in GAME 1.
Winston Wolf once said, well, let's not start sucking each other's...

But I agree 100%, behind the ball, he can read the play, has the vision and time. Pendles like. As a forward or mid, he will have less.

Best debut for North I can remember since Sleevo but he was not GAME 1.

JHF had all the hype but never delivered.

This guy delivered in GAME 1.

I think enough time has passed now for the hurt to subside and we can admit JHF is going to be a superstar. Have at it with him being a flog, but anyone questioning his ability are in complete denial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One thing I noticed during the game (and confirmed watching the Kayo mini replay) was that Sheezel had three disposals (a kick and two handballs) in the first 30 seconds but on the telecast it only stated that he had two. I don't know if they corrected the error during the match, but he may have had 35 disposals.
i think they are effective possetions, one went straight to oppo ( for which he quickly made amends)

Wait till he plays on ball… all those crafty sharp handballs and elite kicking in the centre.
He played in the middle for two games last year and absolutely dominated (averaged 35 disposals and 210 ranking points) and he had a game where he spent a half in the middle and a half up forward (28 disposals, 6 goals, 237 ranking points).

They didn't play him there much, I think because Ashcroft, Mackenzie and others were in there and Sheezel was able to play forward.

It's interesting what his role will be in the future. He can play pretty much everywhere. When we first drafted him I was expecting him to develop into a Robbie Gray 50/50 split between the forward and midfield but Clarkson has indicated that he'll be put wherever we have a hole to fill.

Let's keep a lid on it you whackers!!!!! WTF - HE IS SENSATIONAL. Like the comment about his quick thinking - luckily he has the confidence to go with his thinking too. Kid could be anything but he has only played one game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back