Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

He's pretty good.

But it's simply not possible.

Because not even GAJ is better than Carey imo.

It's not possible for a midfielder to be as good as Carey and Ablett Snr in my opinion.

The closest time I have ever considered it might've been possible was West Coast Judd, but he didn't sustain it for his career, despite winning a Brownlow at Carlton.

You can't even use the age card.

Because what Carey was doing at 20 was probably even more impressive than what Sheez is doing as a 19 year old mid given the size and physicality of that era of key defenders.

Gaz Snr is probably the most talented footballer ever, if he didn't have a screw loose and had the competitiveness and team drive that Duck had, he could have been the undisputed #1.
I get what your saying very few players to rip a game apart like Carey and its early days for Sheez. But take a look at that clip above Vs Cripps again. Watch his hand before tapping it, his footy IQ next level. The way he's going he'll be having a direct hand in probably 5 goals a game, with a combo of kicking it himself, some freak play like above or just hitting targets with those kicking skills.

Stuff like we see in that clip or the fake kick candy doesn't catch the eye as much as a Judd breaking clear of a pack or a contested mark but its the type of play that puts others in the clear.

But even if he's not, he's shaping up to be in that daylight gap between Carey and our next best player.

Comparisons to Carey are moot and quite frankly silly, would you compare him to Lockett? not a lot of doubt however that he will be a special player for a long time all going well, his professionalism alone makes that the case and thats even before you judge him on talent.

If he's not on the starting 18 for AA we can confirm All-Australian's don't matter anymore and are null and void. Put it in the bin, its a worthless accomplishment.

Because he is the best player in the comp.
Korn is on the panel and won’t want to make judas look inferior

Comparisons to Carey are moot and quite frankly silly, would you compare him to Lockett? not a lot of doubt however that he will be a special player for a long time all going well, his professionalism alone makes that the case and thats even before you judge him on talent.
Im comparing MVP for us. They dont have to be the same type. As i said i can see him being worth 5 goals a game to us they way he's tracking - of course theres a long way to go

LOL he plays for North Melbourne if colours were black and white he be an AA .
No player from our club will not be in the AA team this year.
You realise this means at least one player from our club will be in the AA side this year yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who gives a **** about my self loving opinions would know I rate coaches votes highly.

These votes are a really good indicator of improvement to date. Doesn't assure future improvement of course.

But 3 players polling in a loss including a BOG = nice.

Last time:
Screenshot_20240722-162503_Chrome.jpg

Sheezel might just be the best 19 year old to ever play AFL. Let that sink in.

As for whether he is better than the Bont or Carey, just too early to say. Those two players have played 506 games, and importantly, 35 finals games - 5 grand finals between the two of them. Sheezel has played just his 41st game. Let's see what he does in the next 10 years at least.

One thing I can say with certainty though - Sheezel is a genuine freak. I don't really have a definition for it except that Carey was probably our last. I'm going to strap myself to my seat and enjoy the ride. Very grateful.

You realise this means at least one player from our club will be in the AA side this year yeah?
You know I would love Harry Sheezel to an AA this year also I would not only me but everyone on North Big Footy would love to see Harry Sheezel to be our captain from 2025 onwards a premiership player and captain a Norm Smith medalist and Brownlow medalists and maybe surpass Wayne Carey as our Greatest player.
But unless things change at our club with the mind set of everyone and board the Harry Sheezel express to take us to the promise land again.
Iv been lucky to see 4 premierships and want to be around for number 5,6 and maybe a 7 th premiership and see the youth of club to see that as well.

That is ridiculous. This guy, wow wee

Geez, I'm glad I made that gif.

It was 11pm, kids asleep, sitting on my couch in my jocks recording the screen with my Iphone because you can't screen capture kayo anymore. The brain said "Go to bed idiot" but the heart said "Keep filming the Sheez, don't stop for anything, Bigfooty needs it".

Absolute ****ing gun, he’s started taking ownership of winning games in the forward line. Needs a bit more campaigner about him to be able to single handed carry the team like Bont/Cripps can with that aura about him

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a club article gush over a player to that level. Even went bigfooty nuff mode and described the play against Cripps.
Sometimes players are so good ie Carey for example, that the colours don’t even matter. Harry is a different player to The King, but I am now starting to think he will be that good the colours won’t matter. He will be AA a few times imo and as a North player, that is saying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back