Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

So he would have a similar year to Colby? (Off half back) I think there isn’t much difference between colbs and daicos
Well he did have a similar first year but better compared to Colby playing off half back?

I really am not sure what your point is?

Well he did have a similar first year but better compared to Colby playing off half back?

I really am not sure what your point is?
Im comparing how Nick would perform at North. Im not sold. Nick is a gun outside running player with exquisite skills.. but you wouldn’t see it as frequently. Im comparing Nick with Colby.

Harry is a level above Nick

Im comparing how Nick would perform at North. Im not sold. Nick is a gun outside running player with exquisite skills.. but you wouldn’t see it as frequently. Im comparing Nick with Colby.

Harry is a level above Nick
I think you are downplaying how good Daicos is, he's right up the top of contested possessions this year.

Both him and Sheezel are top tier elite footballers.

I think you are downplaying how good Daicos is, he's right up the top of contested possessions this year.

Both him and Sheezel are top tier elite footballers.
I dont like the way a contested possession is calculated. It changed s few years back. A contested possession is a “ball in dispute”, you dont need to have body contact or be in a contest to win a contested possession.

Its a misleading statistic

So he would have a similar year to Colby? (Off half back) I think there isn’t much difference between colbs and daicos work rates. I think Colby will win his own pill in the contest more than Daicos does. He’s quite larger in the shoulders and the back compared to Nick.
I want to believe this and if junior norms is any indication, you may be right.

However, Daicos has proven (at times) to be one of the cleanest contested players we have seen in the modern era.

I still find his manipulation of the umps, whinging for frees and his general air of floggy arrogance utterly annoying however.

He has just confirmed this year that we should have called out his name at 1 in 2021.

I want to believe this and if junior norms is any indication, you may be right.

However, Daicos has proven (at times) to be one of the cleanest contested players we have seen in the modern era.

I still find his manipulation of the umps, whinging for frees and his general air of floggy arrogance utterly annoying however.

He has just confirmed this year that we should have called out his name at 1 in 2021.
Hate to say it but I believe the right player was called at number 1.

If the umps called Harry for a throw on the weekend, we can expect Nick to be called every week now?

It's so weird when people undersell daicos. He'd dominate in any team in any era of footy

The reason he's so high in CPs is because he reads where the balls going about 10 minutes before anyone else, he's incredibly agile and he never fumbles. And then when he gets it he has next level vision and beautiful skills. He's a phenomenal player

It's so weird when people undersell daicos. He'd dominate in any team in any era of footy

The reason he's so high in CPs is because he reads where the balls going about 10 minutes before anyone else, he's incredibly agile and he never fumbles. And then when he gets it he has next level vision and beautiful skills. He's a phenomenal player
1723236212981.jpeg
Colby > Daicos.

Im retracting my Daicos call by saying he would perform on the same level as Kerch in our team.

Nope, Kerch is miles in front of him.

Daicos is a peg down.

There is level Harry Sheezel, Next level is Kerch.. then the level down again is Daicos.

Im retracting my Daicos call by saying he would perform on the same level as Kerch in our team.

Nope, Kerch is miles in front of him.

Daicos is a peg down.

There is level Harry Sheezel, Next level is Kerch.. then the level down again is Daicos.
Interesting call. Pies been struggling, daicos doesn't look like the unstoppable force.

However he is getting tagged, and daicos has done incredible things to win tight games.

Interesting call. Pies been struggling, daicos doesn't look like the unstoppable force.

However he is getting tagged, and daicos has done incredible things to win tight games.
Like I said earlier, he looks 1000% better when he has protection in the midfield or when he is loose off half back. The question I asked, would he perform at his best level in a struggling bottom of the ladder team. The above image suggests not. Therefore, Harry and Kerch are better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said earlier, he looks 1000% better when he has protection in the midfield or when he is loose off half back. The question I asked, would he perform at his best level in a struggling bottom of the ladder team. The above image suggests not. Therefore, Harry and Kerch are better.
Harry I agree.
Kerch not so much, as I think kerch has had protection being in our backline. We have 2 absolutely gems, but I'd go sheezel, daicos then kerch still as kerch just hasn't shown many match winning moments.

Harry I agree.
Kerch not so much, as I think kerch has had protection being in our backline. We have 2 absolutely gems, but I'd go sheezel, daicos then kerch still as kerch just hasn't shown many match winning moments.
He hasn’t had a full run either, been carrying leather poisoning for most the year. Kerch v Gold coast in a bottom of the ladder team vs hypothetically what Daicos could do? Hmmm

He hasn’t had a full run either, been carrying leather poisoning for most the year. Kerch v Gold coast in a bottom of the ladder team vs hypothetically what Daicos could do? Hmmm
I still think of the crop of kids we've got and inexplicably due to circumstances we've been linked to JHF, Reid and Naicos...

Obviously sheezel, wardlaw, mckercher are the 3 that really correlate to them.

Would I swap one of them? For the other? Never sheezel.

Wardlaw has an intangible, so without being close to him I can't make a call - output wise you'd probably swap him for any of them, but the balance of our midfield would shift so much might be more detrimental and he ain't THAT far behind.

Mckercher? For naicos yes. For reid maybe. For JHF no.

Regardless we have a crop. This doesn't even include duursma

I still think of the crop of kids we've got and inexplicably due to circumstances we've been linked to JHF, Reid and Naicos...

Obviously sheezel, wardlaw, mckercher are the 3 that really correlate to them.

Would I swap one of them? For the other? Never sheezel.

Wardlaw has an intangible, so without being close to him I can't make a call - output wise you'd probably swap him for any of them, but the balance of our midfield would shift so much might be more detrimental and he ain't THAT far behind.

Mckercher? For naicos yes. For reid maybe. For JHF no.

Regardless we have a crop. This doesn't even include duursma
Bet ya a pint Kerch ends up the better player than Daicos.

Seems a bit funny, but I feel privileged to watch two (actual) generational players, with Sheezel on track for being our best player since Carey (sorry Wellsy and Brent).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back