Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Nate7 ... Can you tell us if there's any difference between ligaments, tendons and syndesmosis (apart from not being able to order syndesmosis in your local Chinese restaurant)?

I want details. Diagnosis, prognosis and your suggestion on the best sauce for the slow cooked braised tendons?
Take it to the cooking thread

Nate7 ... Can you tell us if there's any difference between ligaments, tendons and syndesmosis (apart from not being able to order syndesmosis in your local Chinese restaurant)?

I want details. Diagnosis, prognosis and your suggestion on the best sauce for the slow cooked braised tendons?
Yes there are differences between all 3.

At a basic 1st year uni level of anatomy & physiology, ligaments connect bones together, tendons attach muscle to bone and syndes is connective tissue between two bones (tib/fib).

At an orthopod level, all of those can vary greatly in severity and healing time, just like any area of the body.

Asking me what's likely to happen in his case is akin to Joe Bloggs with a back issue asking me what to do, without knowing the history.

If you can give me further info, I could give a better response than, the vibe.

Yes there are differences between all 3.

At a basic 1st year uni level of anatomy & physiology, ligaments connect bones together, tendons attach muscle to bone and syndes is connective tissue between two bones (tib/fib).

At an orthopod level, all of those can vary greatly in severity and healing time, just like any area of the body.

Asking me what's likely to happen in his case is akin to Joe Bloggs with a back issue asking me what to do, without knowing the history.

If you can give me further info, I could give a better response than, the vibe.
OK, but what I really wanted to know was this: Should I order the slow cooked tendons with garlic and soy or the BBQ ones done with Hoisin sauce?

So we are now coming up on our first games without Sheezel since his arrival? Going to be... interesting. FML.

Why would keep playing Harry if he had a serious ankle injury? Assume it was the sort of injury that couldn’t get any worse playing on it?

He was awesome but at the same time he'll get a lot of learning about tapping the ball outside the contest, Comben as well.
We kinda forget he's so young and still has a lot to learn in the game. He will make some mistakes, but he'll learn from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was awesome but at the same time he'll get a lot of learning about tapping the ball outside the contest, Comben as well.
We kinda forget he's so young and still has a lot to learn in the game. He will make some mistakes, but he'll learn from it.
Sheezel will learn you would imagine the older heads in the team unfortunately probably never will. The important thing about major mistakes is you don’t repeat them , some people just can’t or refuse too, ultimately their downfall.

Really worth listening to.
Listened to Harry (Harry is the only Harry there is) Sheezel on Derwayne's podcast from the other week as per your recommendation.

Listening to him talk about that win against Gold Coast at the end of last year made the loss to West Coast on the weekend even more unbearable knowing how much a win means to them.

Will check out this episode too.

Listened to Harry (Harry is the only Harry there is) Sheezel on Derwayne's podcast from the other week as per your recommendation.

Listening to him talk about that win against Gold Coast at the end of last year made the loss to West Coast on the weekend even more unbearable knowing how much a win means to them.

Will check out this episode too.
I think this is a good one to hear after the last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back