Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

adams1.jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

Last edited:
I don't have question marks over Campbell, he was superb against GWS so the groin strain must have been very minor, but as far as us supporters know, there is still giant question marks over Jussy. He was useless against GWS after being out for a lengthy period and it looked more than just rust to me.
He's in and that's it , Adams is not . Lets hope all goes well . Unwatching this thread now

If Adams or his manager leaked anything it would be poor form, but I don't think we'd be pigheaded enough to use it as the basis for team selection going into a prelim.

It's interesting that he hasn't been named as an emergency. Cleary is in front of him now? Which is a pretty fair inclusion, he'd add more pressure and speed in the F50.

Based in the decision, it seems we're well stocked in the mids and even if one were to go down we'd still have enough coverage that we wouldn't need to rely on Adams.

Such an interesting development, going from best 22, to being subbed, to emergency to no-mans-land. There's every chance he leaves at seasons end with a bitter taste in his mouth.

There's every chance he leaves at seasons end with a bitter taste in his mouth.
Why? He's got a contract for the next two years.

At this stage of his career, I doubt any other club is going to guarantee him that he'll be in their best 22. And if it's true he's unimpressed with not being selected tonight, that won't endear him to another club. So I imagine he'll still be on our list next season.

I don't have question marks over Campbell, he was superb against GWS so the groin strain must have been very minor, but as far as us supporters know, there is still giant question marks over Jussy. He was useless against GWS after being out for a lengthy period and it looked more than just rust to me.
Agree. Jmac would have been sub in the QF. Surprised he was picked at all tonight given Adams omitted unless he really is back to his best. If he is sub, it again makes no sense. Should play Cleary in that role as fitter.

Why? He's got a contract for the next two years.

At this stage of his career, I doubt any other club is going to guarantee him that he'll be in their best 22. And if it's true he's unimpressed with not being selected tonight, that won't endear him to another club. So I imagine he'll still be on our list next season.
Wouldn't look great for Taylor. Joel Hamling hasn't even had a look in this year and I don't hear anything about him sooking it up. Hopefully Taylor understands as painful as it is, our list is much healthier than anyone would imagine at this time of year and the club was in a difficult spot. Someone was going to miss out.

Agree. Jmac would have been sub in the QF. Surprised he was picked at all tonight given Adams omitted unless he really is back to his best. If he is sub, it again makes no sense. Should play Cleary in that role as fitter.
Why does it make no sense for JMac to be sub. He's predominantly a quick, running player who can deliver the ball well into the forward line and kick the odd goal. Not too different to Campbell at a base level (though clearly with more runs on the board at the moment than Campbell).

We saw the effect Campbell had as sub. As a similar kind of player, there's no reason why JMac shouldn't be an effective sub if he's physically right. And none of us really knows if he is or not. We just need to trust that he's close enough.

Not even listed as an Emergency tells me there’s at least three ahead of him for a GF spot.

If Parker/Gulden/Campbell etc gets injured tonight, it’ll be Cleary in, not Adams.

Not even listed as an Emergency tells me there’s at least three ahead of him for a GF spot.

If Parker/Gulden/Campbell etc gets injured tonight, it’ll be Cleary in, not Adams.
I’d have assumed Adams would have been next in line should a midfield spot open up.

The fact that he’s not even an Emergency makes Edmund’s tweets intriguing.

Either it’s absolutely nothing, or he’s done something that’s caused upset.

Somehow I really doubt that just because Ladhams and Francis are named in the emergencies means they are now ahead of Adams in the pecking order.

If anything it looks like they want coverage of talls so structure doesn’t get thrown out if a Melican or McLean is a late out.

Somehow I really doubt that just because Ladhams and Francis are named in the emergencies means they are now ahead of Adams in the pecking order.

If anything it looks like they want coverage of talls so structure doesn’t get thrown out if a Melican or McLean is a late out.

I think if they had plans on using Adams, he’d be in ahead of Cleary. That’s the normal run of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back