Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

How? By pushing the players replacing him by working harder? He doesn’t select himself. These other guys need to lift their standards and make it impossible for him to play. He is an insurance type, we know what we’re going to get. Makes me laugh when posters say he is holding others back like he has control over his contract status and selection

Yes, you’re right. I know what I’m going to get - we all do. One of the poorest performing players in the entire competition across 2023-24.

Take an extra pick to the draft. Pick an extra rookie. Pick an Irishman. Get a late pick in the draft and select Davidson. Take someone as a delisted free agent … 24yo Curtis Taylor from North. I don’t know enough about list composition …. but just pick anyone who’s young and might have a future… anyone.

Ok … that’s enough from me until I have to stick pins in my eyes watching Macca in 2025 ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, you’re right. I know what I’m going to get - we all do. One of the poorest performing players in the entire competition across 2023-24.

Take an extra pick to the draft. Pick an extra rookie. Pick an Irishman. Get a late pick in the draft and select Davidson. Take someone as a delisted free agent … 24yo Curtis Taylor from North. I don’t know enough about list composition …. but just pick anyone who’s young and might have a future… anyone.

Ok … that’s enough from me until I have to stick pins in my eyes watching Macca in 2025 ….

Mate guaranteed 1st pick next year what’s the problem?

Strange melt. Love it

He played one VFL game halfway through the season. One. And he hardly earned his spot back. He played one good quarter in the VFL and was straight back in.
187 Banks started on one wing, also didn't star. Half back turned wing been going on since Bourke & Clay days. Shame Ross got injured.

I think Yze had Kmac Sub, playing fwd a couple of times. I hope we select some footballers. Kmac 191 NEVER uses his height.

Field Positions are a joke in modern football. Rotations all over the joint. Full field defence even at country footy.

Need a runner on the wing? use 182 Campbell. (Ed Langdon's height) He & Hugo are very good runners. Short too. Gibcus ran 15.7km in that final.

187 Jack Ross plan B.

Last edited:
Everything you said, plus the fact he will do everything asked by the coach to the best of his ability, which couldn't be said of quite a few this year.
I think a lot on here forget we aren't playing afl fantasy, there are more things going on than what you see on a stats sheet.
You need good club men that help with culture and environment, experience and personality.
I do hope he doesn't play every game as that means there are youngsters not pushing past him.
23 more games of 2024 Kmac? elite running won't deteriorate at his age but a low low ability footballer, won't improve at his age.

I just ****ing wish Yze would bring that MFC ability to play AFL listed players in the VFL.

reckon i can count at least 20 times in maccas career when he's halved a contest when being out numbered 2 and 3 against himself, he's our best scrapper who runs hard and good in the air solid kick mostly too and as strong as an ox..... with baker, pickett and graham gone he's our best blue collar soldier/negator we got with broad at the moment. I'm surprised Eagles didn't go after him rather than Jackie Boy Graham.

reckon i can count at least 20 times in maccas career when he's halved a contest when being out numbered 2 and 3 against himself, he's our best scrapper who runs hard and good in the air solid kick mostly too and as strong as an ox..... with baker, pickett and graham gone he's our best blue collar soldier/negator we got with broad at the moment. I'm surprised Eagles didn't go after him rather than Jackie Boy Graham.
You had me until this

His kicking is underrated. Has a good left boot and goes long and direct. Best passage all year was late last year when we finally attacked from the kick out and KMac had a couple of bounces and kicked it 50 plus to a forward on the chest.

Spot on, but the problem I have noticed is he has lost that yard of pace so doesn't get to those contests as often now.
I've always loved watching his effort to get to contests, but with him not doing that so often now, his slow play and dump kicks from half back and turnovers give his detractors plenty of ammo.
I hope he plays no more than 15 to Max 20 games for the year so we are developing the next lot of players and that he is used more as a bench player for the wings and half forwards. If he can develop a bit of forward craft over summer he could be useful there, particularly as a negating player on oppo intercept players.

His kicking is underrated. Has a good left boot and goes long and direct. Best passage all year was late last year when we finally attacked from the kick out and KMac had a couple of bounces and kicked it 50 plus to a forward on the chest.
Was always frustrating when he marked at half back, took ages to move it on and then a dump kick down the wing. However with no marking target's and a lack of midfield pace and team confidence shot I don't think he knew what else to do.

Good signing :cool:
Agree… good clubman who should be handy depth, bring some leadership alongside Broad and hopefully be closing off on a successful 200 game career as the youth takes him over by end of next year. Would have gotten maximum purchase for his talent much like Broad if he retires a 200 game dual premiership player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back