Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, Jack Graham

Richmond confirms that Jack Graham has informed the Club he will pursue a move to West Coast Eagles as a free agent.
By Richmond Media

Richmond Football Club confirms that Jack Graham has informed the Club that he will pursue a move to West Coast Eagles as a free agent.
Graham, 26, played 131 games for Richmond after being selected with the 53rd pick in the 2016 AFL Draft.
The then 19-year-old was the youngest member of Richmond’s 2017 premiership team, also booting three Grand Final goals in just his fifth AFL game.

Graham courageously played out the 2019 preliminary final with a dislocated shoulder, ruling him out of the following week’s Grand Final, an effort that contributed to him winning that year’s prestigious Club Francis Bourke Award.

The South Australian became a dual premiership player in 2020 and was runner-up in the 2021 Jack Dyer Medal.

Graham said that he would be “forever grateful to the Richmond Football Club”.
“I'm just so grateful for the Richmond Football Club for giving me the opportunity eight years ago,” he said.
“I have met some amazing people along this journey, and it is tough... but it is something that I thought I needed for myself. A new chapter and a new challenge.

“Jordy and I are very excited by that, but at the same time, it is sad to say goodbye to so many good people.
“(They are) people that have helped me along the way to get where I am today as a player, but more importantly, to help shape me as the person I am today.”
Graham added his appreciation to the unwavering support of the Tiger Army.
“Obviously, the Tiger Army, I can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me and for the Richmond Football Club,” he said.

“They show support through the tough times, and the good times. They are very loyal fans, and you can always hear them no matter where you are.
“So, I would love to thank the Tiger Army for everything they have done for me across the last eight years.”

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley thanked Graham for his contribution to the Club.
“We all thank Jack for all he has given to Richmond. He is a player that left nothing out on the field and gave us everything he had in his eight years with us,” he said.
“Jack came to the Club with pick 53 in 2016 and leaves with two premierships and played an important role in the club achieving the ultimate success in 2017 and 2020. He has been a great servant to Richmond and should be very proud of all he has achieved, including playing a selfless role during our finals series in 2019. This will never be forgotten.
“Whilst we are disappointed to be losing a player like Jack, as a free agent we understand and respect his decision to seek a fresh start.”

Thank you, Jack Graham​

Richmond confirms that Jack Graham has informed the Club he will pursue a move to West Coast Eagles as a free agent.
By Richmond Media

Richmond Football Club confirms that Jack Graham has informed the Club that he will pursue a move to West Coast Eagles as a free agent.
Graham, 26, played 131 games for Richmond after being selected with the 53rd pick in the 2016 AFL Draft.
The then 19-year-old was the youngest member of Richmond’s 2017 premiership team, also booting three Grand Final goals in just his fifth AFL game.

Graham courageously played out the 2019 preliminary final with a dislocated shoulder, ruling him out of the following week’s Grand Final, an effort that contributed to him winning that year’s prestigious Club Francis Bourke Award.

The South Australian became a dual premiership player in 2020 and was runner-up in the 2021 Jack Dyer Medal.

“I'm just so grateful for the Richmond Football Club for giving me the opportunity eight years ago,” he said.
“I have met some amazing people along this journey, and it is tough... but it is something that I thought I needed for myself. A new chapter and a new challenge.

“Jordy and I are very excited by that, but at the same time, it is sad to say goodbye to so many good people.
“(They are) people that have helped me along the way to get where I am today as a player, but more importantly, to help shape me as the person I am today.”
“Obviously, the Tiger Army, I can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me and for the Richmond Football Club,” he said.

“They show support through the tough times, and the good times. They are very loyal fans, and you can always hear them no matter where you are.
“So, I would love to thank the Tiger Army for everything they have done for me across the last eight years.”

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley thanked Graham for his contribution to the Club.
“We all thank Jack for all he has given to Richmond. He is a player that left nothing out on the field and gave us everything he had in his eight years with us,” he said.
“Jack came to the Club with pick 53 in 2016 and leaves with two premierships and played an important role in the club achieving the ultimate success in 2017 and 2020. He has been a great servant to Richmond and should be very proud of all he has achieved, including playing a selfless role during our finals series in 2019. This will never be forgotten.
“Whilst we are disappointed to be losing a player like Jack, as a free agent we understand and respect his decision to seek a fresh start.”
All class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you, Jack Graham​

By Richmond Media

This is a bit new ?
Usually its just thank you for your contribution blah blah blah

We and Jack have gone all out on this goodbye
I wonder if a copy has been sent to the AFL and the cronies that make the decisions on the compo pick

What’s the compensation pick for him? The trade isn’t even up on the AFL Trade Tracker. Everything is slow with this bloke.
Thanks for a handful of decent games Jack and you’re a lifetime Tiger from doing so. Can’t wish you the best as you’re no longer a Tiger. Progress is a cruel thing in Sports nowadays and it was best for both parties in this case.

Not sure if true but someone told me no player who has left as a free agent on a 4 year deal has ever got less than band 3.

Hey ready for an AFL first aka Richmond special.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
I hope you’re right, but isn’t the salary another factor ? Most long deals with FA are players on big bucks.

Surely he would be on 4 years $2.2 mil deal that should be Band 3
If he is less than $2.2 mil then Band 4
$2.8 Mil would be Band 2
$3.6 mil band 1
I would say he’s on $400k a year as surely we wouldn’t have risked offering him any higher as he would’ve stayed . I’m saying Band 4. I think he waited to see if new offers would come in and bit the bullet in the end. Just opinion.

Not sure if true but someone told me no player who has left as a free agent on a 4 year deal has ever got less than band 3.

Hey ready for an AFL first aka Richmond special.

Sent from my Pixel 9 using Tapatalk
Brandon Ellis scored a 5 year deal with the Suns which was expected to yield an end of 1st round pick.

We ended up with band 4 compo which was an end of 2nd round pick.

Be prepared to be reamed again

Brandon Ellis scored a 5 year deal with the Suns which was expected to yield an end of 1st round pick.

We ended up with band 4 compo which was an end of 2nd round pick.

Be prepared to be reamed again
Still can’t get over that as that was actually corruption at its best.

I would say he’s on $400k a year as surely we wouldn’t have risked offering him any higher as he would’ve stayed . I’m saying Band 4. I think he waited to see if new offers would come in and bit the bullet in the end. Just opinion.
I think our offer would have been higher than $400k as we increased our offer from 3 years to 4 years and with the increase in cap space we would have pushed it to $500k x 4

I also think the eagles would have added $50k ontop of ours to get him to move so borderline band 3/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back