Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Brandon Ellis scored a 5 year deal with the Suns which was expected to yield an end of 1st round pick.

We ended up with band 4 compo which was an end of 2nd round pick.

Be prepared to be reamed again
But AFL have said ladder position plays a big part. We just had the worst season in AFL history so Graham should get us band 3 at least.

Still can’t get over that as that was actually corruption at its best.
TBH I really don't give a shit, the AFL has been reaming us for years, yet we still managed a dynasty out of it.

I'm proud that we play the good game, but I'm also acutely aware of the manipulation, 'manifestly inadequate' comes to mind. I'm also positive that Blair would not have forgotten that despicable ruling and would be using that knowledge to our advantage.

I think our offer would have been higher than $400k as we increased our offer from 3 years to 4 years and with the increase in cap space we would have pushed it to $500k x 4

I also think the eagles would have added $50k ontop of ours to get him to move so borderline band 3/4
Possibly mate , but according to the gossip on here we shafted him and told him to explore other options. 😂
I think we matched the four year deal and monetary offers and Jack was left to decide. At 500k for four years it’s still band 4 for us I reckon.

But AFL have said ladder position plays a big part. We just had the worst season in AFL history so Graham should get us band 3 at least.
Ladder position only plays a part if you're not Richmond, rules are different for us and if they're not then they're adjusted/changed to disadvantage us.

I would say he’s on $400k a year as surely we wouldn’t have risked offering him any higher as he would’ve stayed . I’m saying Band 4. I think he waited to see if new offers would come in and bit the bullet in the end. Just opinion.
There's absolutely no way he was on $400k and the contract on the table would have been much higher

Possibly mate , but according to the gossip on here we shafted him and told him to explore other options. 😂
I think we matched the four year deal and monetary offers and Jack was left to decide. At 500k for four years it’s still band 4 for us I reckon.
Even if it was 600K the AFL would come up with some bullshit reason anyway.

There's absolutely no way he was on $400k and the contract on the table would have been much higher
Last time he signed he had Crows & Blues chasing him and we would have paid overs to keep him IMO

But i just worked out we have shed $5 mil of cap space and it goes up $3 mil
We can front load Lynch , Hopper , Taranto , Broad , Vlastuin so their remaining years equal $150k a year

Watch out free agency in 12-24 months after we get 10 x 1st round picks
rebuild complete just before tassie

Oh better make sure we ask for PP in 2 years time

I hope you’re right, but I couldn’t imagine it as he went shopping around . Interesting what we get for him bc anything above band 4 is a bonus.

If it’s not band 3 I’ll spew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back