Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the perfect player to take over from Cotchin. His best game was when Cotchin was injured in 2018.
Sadly he hasn’t progressed fast enough. Ross is ahead of him now
he did play well but his direct opponent got it nearly 50 times and 3 brownlow votes - lachie neale. oppo coaches know hes slow and got 2 bung shoulders so will always put a fast gut runner on him. issac smith tore pickett, caddy and graham to pieces last night.

Droppedddd.

Stamp his papers.

Nah m8.

22 years old, barely over 40 games played. Improved a shit ton last year and averaged 17 disposals and 7 tackles. Key cog in a flag.

In poor form but he's not going anywhere for awhile. I suspect his shoulders are playing up. He has 3 tackles in 3 games. That is a big dip from 7 tackles a game and says something is not physically right.

Nah m8.

22 years old, barely over 40 games played. Improved a sh*t ton last year and averaged 17 disposals and 7 tackles. Key cog in a flag.

In poor form but he's not going anywhere for awhile. I suspect his shoulders are playing up. He has 3 tackles in 3 games. That is a big dip from 7 tackles a game and says something is not physically right.

17 touches as an inside mid isn’t enough to carve out a long career. He needs a 20-25+ average per game, but he’s probably only had 20+ 3 or 4 times in his career.

Can’t play anywhere else on the field other than inside mid as he’s far too slow.

Looking at the highlights and going off what Clarke said sounds like he had a big game playing as inside midfielder. In his fourth season now and should be given an opportunity to prove himself as a genuine mid rather than someone who plays through their in spurts to cover Dusty having the freedom to do what he wants. Was given more opportunity in his first season then he has since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 disposals, 404 metres gained, team high 6 score involvements and equal team high 6 tackles in 76% game time.

Amazing what happens when you play in the midfield and utilise his strengths.

Now just play Ross in the guts who is a better talent than Graham.

I’m glad he played well yesterday. I honestly didn’t see much of him on the television, but judging by the stats on the Richmond website he was one of our best. Good to see him (hear he’s) playing well!

I know stats don’t tell the whole story but it’s not like Richmond to put up an article about a player explaining how good they were unless they really deserve it.

Now just play Ross in the guts who is a better talent than Graham.
For a Ross comparison I had a look at Zuhaar this weekend. Zuu har is slightly taller & 5kgs heavier than Ross and plays fwd a bit. If Ross or RCD could develop into that type of player. It'd be great for RFC

As good as he played we still need to play an extractor, someone big enough like RCD or a natural mid accumulator like Ross. Probably did, but I can't recall Graham getting the ball in the stoppages and dishing it out. That is not his game, he is a relentless runner which right now is really necessary, but without that extractor we didn't make the most of our ruck dominance. When he played there early, Martin won every ball that was tapped his way, the importance of having an extractor. Mind you Bolton got a bit of it like that, but they swung him forward to try and kick some goals because goals were so hard to get.

As good as he played we still need to play an extractor, someone big enough like RCD or a natural mid accumulator like Ross. Probably did, but I can't recall Graham getting the ball in the stoppages and dishing it out. That is not his game, he is a relentless runner which right now is really necessary, but without that extractor we didn't make the most of our ruck dominance. When he played there early, Martin won every ball that was tapped his way, the importance of having an extractor. Mind you Bolton got a bit of it like that, but they swung him forward to try and kick some goals because goals were so hard to get.
Be interesting to see if Ross or RCD get games. Probably got an excess of small forwards and small defenders. Lose an Aarts, Rioli or George and bring in a mid

Good post.

I like Graham but... even though he's billed as a contested player because he's physical, Graham gets most of his possessions in chains of play. He is a bit slow of mind in those situations and is not a natural accumulator and contested/clearance winner like a Prestia.

That's why I'm such a big wrap for Jack Ross. When actually played in the middle, he is clean and a natural at ripping the ball out of packs and contested situation and getting it very quickly to the right option. But Dimma think he's a half back so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

Back