Player Watch #36 James Trezise - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

We do miss a left footer coming out of the back line since Houlis departure. In saying that Trezise needs to improve his kicking significantly to get to AFL standard let alone to Houlis standard. Do however love his competitive nature, should at the very least be a good shut down/intercepter but his ceiling will be defined by improving his disposal.
Spot on, this pick is about culture and competition.

Welcome to Richmond

Bobby Hill & Mason Redman

This guy will be a gun. He's only been in the system for a few games and he is already showing a lot. Importantly he is a left-footer which is something we need more of!
Good selection despite the obviously ignorant comments already made.....
I really like this kid because at least he has a crack despite his size, we just need to get some muscle and weight on him over next preseason.

Could easily play wing or even as a BBMF with an extra 16 pounds of muscle. People are underrating him by pigeon holing him as a HBF. Awesome pick and could be a bigger fairytale than Samson Ryan if he gets a game this year.

BBMF? This isn’t pawnhub mate…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

20 years old. 188cm 76kg's. So basically, he's never bothered to lift weights. Will take him 2-3 years to put on 10-12kg's to have the strength to compete. If he can be bothered putting the hours in the gym. We have 10 blokes who can play his position ahead of him in the queue. He's basically built like Connor Menadue. I can't fathom the point in stockpiling another HBF?
He’s 20yo not 30 , has plenty of time and he’s not skinny looks to have a frame that will add muscle. He has 6m head start in FT environment before a pre season , BONUS

I really like this kid because at least he has a crack despite his size, we just need to get some muscle and weight on him over next preseason.
Effort and willingness to attack the opposition is something we are sorely lacking at the moment. We saw it against Geelong but not much since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would have to think he will get a game very soon. He was playing in our VFL side already, I wouldn't be surprised to see him named very quickly

EDIT: Or, with the recent obsession with intercept marking down back taking over the game, Richmond have noticed a need? Who gets dropped from down back for him to come in though?
Have to admit I haven’t seen a heap of him, but his ability to get off his opponent and intercept, as well as his strong tackling reminds me of grimes. Seems to get himself in a position to get more of the ball at this stage though.

He looks like he plays taller than he is.

Rebounding half back, running wingman in the style of KMac or even a half forward link man could be his go. I’m not sure kicking is his forte.

The big thing is the coaching staff see he’s got the talent after seeing him in our system.

Fair effort for a kid that was playing for Tooradin 9 games ago.
This is it really in a nut shell. This kid didn’t go through one or two years in the TAC system and was basically a country footballer. He then ends up on our vfl list which I don’t know how, but an amazing act of luck or good scouting. After watching him from his first vfl game to his fifth he was already better than every kid on our AFL list who’ve been through the TAC and had at least a preseason or two under their belts. I’m deadset serious about this and he can only get better and end up a B to A grader with proper development. Was my first pick a long way before the draft as he had potential growth as a player with the right development and environment.

Last edited:
This is it really in a nut shell. This kid didn’t go through one or two years in the TAC system and was basically a country footballer. He then ends up on our vfl list which I don’t know how, but an amazing act of luck or good scouting. After watching him from first vfl game to his fifth he was already better than every kid on our AFL list who’ve been through the TAC and had at least a preseason or two under their belts. I’m deadest serious about this and he can only get better and end up a B to A grader with proper development. Was my first pick a long way before the draft as he had potential growth as a player with the right development and environment.
I like his intercept marking. Obviously at his size his game is going to be built around rebounding of hb, but it’s good that he has that extra string to his bow.

I like his intercept marking. Obviously at his size his game is going to be built around rebounding of hb, but it’s good that he has that extra string to his bow.
Knows our system ...
Can intercept and stick a tackle... give him a debut this week. Move Ralphsmith to the wing and one of our beat up premiership players can make way

About time we sent a rocket!

Knows our system ...
Can intercept and stick a tackle... give him a debut this week. Move Ralphsmith to the wing and one of our beat up premiership players can make way

About time we sent a rocket!
Not sure about first up, but he definitely could debut this year if he keeps tracking the way he has in the VFL over the last 2 games.
Agree re HRS don’t like him back, think he’s suited to wing. Maybe could be some positional changes in the 2nd half of the season

Not sure about first up, but he definitely could debut this year if he keeps tracking the way he has in the VFL over the last 2 games.
Agree re HRS don’t like him back, think he’s suited to wing. Maybe could be some positional changes in the 2nd half of the season
Why not first up?

been playing better than any other AFL listed players in the VFL

Has his ticket to the big time stamped now

Play the players in form and this lad from Tooradin is in some serious form.

Don't believe me? Watch the tape Chief

This is it really in a nut shell. This kid didn’t go through one or two years in the TAC system and was basically a country footballer. He then ends up on our vfl list which I don’t know how, but an amazing act of luck or good scouting. After watching him from first vfl game to his fifth he was already better than every kid on our AFL list who’ve been through the TAC and had at least a preseason or two under their belts. I’m deadest serious about this and he can only get better and end up a B to A grader with proper development. Was my first pick a long way before the draft as he had potential growth as a player with the right development and environment.
Was just interviewed, a teammate was a mate of steve morris and org an invite to rfc for pre season

I never get it why professional footballers have ultra long hair these days, have a look at the clip where he is told of his promotion.... he is at least six or seven times waving the hair out of his face and eyes, I don't give a crap what anyone says, it is an unnecessary distraction and I believe at least you'll be 1% better focused and prepared if you had it out of your face and eyes
and when you are on the fringes every little bit helps (pun intended) ;)
big hint to hugo as well :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #36 James Trezise - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back