4th 3 Mobile Test: Australia v India @ Adelaide (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I have watched cricket and been worried about Australias fielding, for so many years they have caught things that shouldn't be caught. The last month the standard has dropped. I just hope it's form and not some of the new guys aren't quiet up to the standard. I think the fielding coach really need to work with these guys between now and Pakistan (Most probably not alot can be done now for this test).

I've been concerned with the catching standard for the last 5 years. It's just that it hasn't really had an impact to date (aside from maybe 2005), as Australia just created so many chances. If you’re going to lose two of the greatest bowlers of all time, you can really afford to drop 3 sitters in a single innings and expect to win games against strong opponents.

It’s been going downhill since the Simpson coaching era players have retired (e.g. Tubby, Waugh and Warne in the slips). Back in the mid to late 90’s, it was a massive shock if Australia dropped a couple of sitters in a whole series, now they’re dropping 2-3 every game.

Those runs Harbhajan scored were very very valuable. Can't see what Bowden will ever give out if he didn't give the one before lunch, tbh. It's just weird to see them give, say Tendulkar and Hussey out in Perth, yet Dravid and HBS not out here - same with Symonds in Sydney.
It's been going on for ever of course, it just doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Those runs Harbhajan scored were very very valuable. Can't see what Bowden will ever give out if he didn't give the one before lunch, tbh. It's just weird to see them give, say Tendulkar and Hussey out in Perth, yet Dravid and HBS not out here - same with Symonds in Sydney.
It's been going on for ever of course, it just doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Billy gave nothing in Perth either (from memory). I'm guessing Rauf realised he gave some shockers in Perth and has stuck the LBW gun in the holster.

I've been concerned with the catching standard for the last 5 years. It's just that it hasn't really had an impact to date (aside from maybe 2005), as Australia just created so many chances. If you’re going to lose two of the greatest bowlers of all time, you can really afford to drop 3 sitters in a single innings and expect to win games against strong opponents.

It’s been going downhill since the Simpson coaching era players have retired (e.g. Tubby, Waugh and Warne in the slips). Back in the mid to late 90’s, it was a massive shock if Australia dropped a couple of sitters in a whole series, now they’re dropping 2-3 every game.
Good point I reckon. The standard has been poor this summer. I think as the decks flatten out as they have the last few years, you notice it more cos chances are harder to come by as well.

That is the thing, I still remember reading in Boonies book how AB said to him You are one of the last who experienced the dark days, don't let these players forget it. Now with Steve Waugh gone for 3 or 4 years none of these guys have been in a situation where Australian cricket has struggled. I think that has reflected in the catching the last 12 months. I think they can get through it but it is going to take alot of hard work.

In Gilchrist's defence with his dropped ones he does occastional drop the easy one. Healy was always a better keeper then Gilchrist in my opinion, but in saying that Gilchrist is a better cricketer because of his all round game.

Valueable runs from India - Australia looked like they are running out of ideas.

Thanks curator of the Adelaide Oval for a likely draw.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy gave nothing in Perth either (from memory). I'm guessing Rauf realised he gave some shockers in Perth and has stuck the LBW gun in the holster.

As long as they keep them there

****ing Harbhajan....kills us again with another 63. I was hoping once we got Tendulkar we'd get them for 420 or so, because I knew it was a lifeless pitch. But To give up 500+ is disgraceful, if only we had a frontline spinner.

WIll Australia have to bat before tea or will it be tea now. If they have to face 10 mins will they want to keep India in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back