4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's crazy to think that since the very moment of the controversial Bairstow stumping all momentum has been with England and Australia have just won the odd session at most. Yet despite all that Australia are on the cusp of retaining the
Ashes away from home, which is always a massive achievement.

It's been such a unique series.
that firt session with ball i think on day 3 third test we were back on top that was best we bowled in long time then all fell apart after that but it hasnt been all england since bairstow thing we missed several chances to shut them out of the the third test.

Well the rain looks like ruining this test and the series going to a decider with it locked at 2 all, it's a sh*t way to decide what has been a great series.

Australia might retain the Ashes if today is rained out but it's a hollow way to retain them and not the finish this series deserved.

It deserved to be decided by cricket, not by rain.

Oh go whinge about the umpires again in yet another thread. All you seem to do is whinge about somehing. We could actually still win or draw the next test, so you're talking out of your ass.

Plenty of series' have been decided by rain - no-one gave a flying f*ck in the past. All of a sudden now it's a big issue.

Ridiculous post.

So now we get to watch a replay of a test from 4 years ago at Old Trafford rather than watching the current test.

I hope you are all happy now, this is what we want to watch, replays of test cricket rather than watching live test cricket, let's all celebrate. :rolleyes:
We’re pretty happy

Even better that you aren’t

We were pretty shell shocked that day. I honestly think if they'd had most or all of the day to bowl at us we would of fallen over.

Keeping us on the field half the day gave us hope that rain could save us and it likely has.

Two decisions cost them this Test, failing to declare aggressively & also selecting Anderson for sentimental reasons. They desperately needed 20 wickets this Test and they chose a bowler past his prime, justifying it by saying he can keep the run rate down, meanwhile Tongue who has proven he can take our wickets on a flat pitch sits on the side-lines.
100%

So now we get to watch a replay of a test from 4 years ago at Old Trafford rather than watching the current test.

I hope you are all happy now, this is what we want to watch, replays of test cricket rather than watching live test cricket, let's all celebrate. :rolleyes:
That's called a win/win situation Plugs.

I for one think Marnus Labuschagne batted beautifully with Mitch Marsh and scored an amazing test century under pressure yesterday. Such a gutsy performance deserves to save the test match. The draw is a fair result. 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but to be fair, you are a Kiwi supporter yeah? So as a neutral of course you'd be wanting a result.

Right you were Piers.
Got just enough play for Marnus to ton up and the Poms still be denied by the rain.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We didn't control the rain you realise right?

Yeah but some of you are celebrating the rain rather than wanting to watch test cricket being played.

Like I said before, I question whether some people here are actually test cricket fans, I would rather watch cricket being played than no cricket at all.

Another English commentator leading the crusade to change the start and finish times.

Also hilarious that he thinks today is going to be the straw the breaks the camels back.

Remove this Banner Ad

4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Back