Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure but Issac would barely have got a vote since the bye. Won’t be shocked if Chad out polls him it’s actually the negative with having a cohesive midfield all playing well, they all will steal votes off each other
Isaac is probably dead level at the top with Cripps Daicos and Bont all on 22 and Neale right behind but his form the last 3-4 weeks and the fact we are now loosing games has probably stuffed his 6 or so vote lead and he obviously won't win it but when the Swans were winning week in week out there was nothing to say that he wouldn't have won it even with Errol and Warner top 10 in the votes alongside him.

Isaac is probably dead level at the top with Cripps Daicos and Bont all on 22 and Neale right behind but his form the last 3-4 weeks and the fact we are now loosing games has probably stuffed his 6 or so vote lead and he obviously won't win it but when the Swans were winning week in week out there was nothing to say that he wouldn't have won it even with Errol and Warner top 10 in the votes alongside him.

Wouldn’t be annoyed if Bont finally gets one anyway

Absolute disgrace that was upheld. Jesus...

I'd say the same for any other player in the league if they were suspended for that.

In regards to the Brownlow I think his chances were starting to fade a bit. Bontempelli, Merrett, and a couple of others have probably closed the gap a fair bit in the last month or so. He'd definitely be leading the count after about 6 weeks, though.

Agree. It’s a disgrace as plenty have said but as you say if we can’t beat North we have no right to be thinking about the last Saturday in September and that’s said with the greatest respect to North and how they are playing. We need to get back on the horse and real quick before confidence starts to dissipate into some self doubt around how individuals go about their roles. We need to get that evenness in performance across the ground back and not go in to our shells playing any different to the game style that has served us so well this year. Fix some of the smaller basic stuff and get going again. Of course we lose and we will have plenty on here come out with its not panic stations, we are still a game clear blah blah. We lose a third on the trot and we are one more game closer to going into a real rut. Just get the points and it will do wonders for regaining our mojo going into the next 6 weeks.
One point win will do me at this point.

Absolute disgrace that was upheld. Jesus...

I'd say the same for any other player in the league if they were suspended for that.

In regards to the Brownlow I think his chances were starting to fade a bit. Bontempelli, Merrett, and a couple of others have probably closed the gap a fair bit in the last month or so. He'd definitely be leading the count after about 6 weeks, though.
I had it a dead heat at 22 for Heeney Cripps Daicos with Merrett Serong Bont Errol on 19 or 20 each so Heeney had to basically be BOG or 2nd BOG 4-5 times in the last 7 games to win it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back