Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with the rule changes, still compare the Brayshaw / Maynard incident where Brayshaws career & life changed in that split second - to Heeney/ Webster who got a bit of a blood nose and played out the game and will play again next week , and the week after that. - it just doesn’t make sense to me. The AFL wanted an example and this was perfect for their petty pro Victorian agenda. Daicos missed out last year due to injury (tough ****) the carry on was pathetic. Lachie Neale was almost made to feel guilty that he won.

Very disappointing for Isaac personally as he is having a great year - his body will appreciate the weeks rest is the only positive outcome from this decision which purely based on outcome - no blood no suspension

If Heeney needs a rest after a second bye and whole 5 games in a row. He has issues or the club does…
Adams was made sub this week on the same basis.

It's late in the season, bye or no bye the players are all carrying things.

I had it a dead heat at 22 for Heeney Cripps Daicos with Merrett Serong Bont Errol on 19 or 20 each so Heeney had to basically be BOG or 2nd BOG 4-5 times in the last 7 games to win it
It would be hilarious if some consistent plodder from a bottom 8 club got it. But I fear the media darlings will get it.

Corrupt ****ing league. That tells me what heeney did is worse than Maynard making people borderline vegetables. ****ing joke.

Time for the club to show some balls for once in its life and do everything it possibly can to make life hard for the afl dogs.

In starting by pulling all swans personnel namely players and coaches from all media commitments. No interviews, no articles no social media posts. Go fully dark and when the corrupt organisation starts crying , pissing and moaning how the swans are in breach of commitments made under the broadcasting agreement, pull the Victorian card of mental health and say the players and coaches mental health is struggling being in the public eye and putting undue pressure on them in regards to public speaking and appearances. Employee welfare comes first and we will not be putting players/ coaches in these dangerous situations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically you have no idea how the votes will go.
Exactly. Based in what we saw on Sunday where Heeney was being literally tackled without the ball at nearly every contest for a grand total of 1 free kick, there are no guarantees the corrupt muppets would even give him votes.

Genuinely can't believe he was even charged, if his name was Matt Roberts doubt it would've even got a mention....literally was a trail by media and they got their man. Christian is the most incompetently hopeless person within the AFL and that's amongst a whole host of incompetent ****wits not fit for their roles. Imagine a player missing a grand final off that.
The fact that the Zerk-Thatcher incident literally happened the same weekend shows what a farce this all is.

Can't help but think because he's the brownlow favourite they made a point of upholding it this time because they're always accused of the opposite....AFL's MRO/Tribunal system is so hopelessly ****ed and bias it's not funny.

Despite my bleating over the years about Heeney being the most talented player in the comp, I've avoided saying too much this year to avoid putting the moz on my favourite player putting together a career year.

This has instantly soured me on the whole *ing season. * the AFL and their corrupt, biased bullshit. We all know that any VIC golden boy would have got off tonight, but we can't let the Swans have nice things. Even winning the flag to jam it up the AFLs arse wouldn't all the way to make up for this.

Yeah, I know I'm an idiot because the team is bigger than one bloke, but this has single handedly sucked the joy out of this season for me. ****ing disgrace.

This comp is so fuc!ing biased. If it's not the media, it's the tribunal, if it's not the tribunal it's the umpires and then there's the continual whingefest around the academies and the AFL pandering to insolvent local teams.

Should just have a national comp less the Victorians. They so obviously resent us being a part of it.

Why invest time and energy into following this sport. Seriously had enough of this

Genuinely can't believe he was even charged, if his name was Matt Roberts doubt it would've even got a mention....literally was a trail by media and they got their man. Christian is the most incompetently hopeless person within the AFL and that's amongst a whole host of incompetent ****wits not fit for their roles. Imagine a player missing a grand final off that.
The fact that the Zerk-Thatcher incident literally happened the same weekend shows what a farce this all is.

Can't help but think because he's the brownlow favourite they made a point of upholding it this time because they're always accused of the opposite....AFL's MRO/Tribunal system is so hopelessly ****ed and bias it's not funny.
Yep was just thinking this same thing. How does BZT do the same thing resulting in a Naughton concussion but have no case to answer? If anything you would say the impact was more severe in BZT’s fend off given the result! Madness

Almost 200 games without any incident and Whack….still hard to understand how the same mro officer saw nothing in the Naughton hit where he was concussed. Heeney contacts someone who for all we know is a bleeder anyhow, we all know people whose nose bleeds at a suggestion, and gets a week…

Almost 200 games without any incident and Whack….still hard to understand how the same mro officer saw nothing in the Naughton hit where he was concussed. Heeney contacts someone who for all we know is a bleeder anyhow, we all know people whose nose bleeds at a suggestion, and gets a week…
Watch another mid carder do it this week with crickets from the MRO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back