Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
To call that intentional is pure character assassination.

I've replayed the incident a number of times and for the life of me I can see no direct contact to the face. He seems to have pushed him in the upper sturnam at which point Webster was in the process of falling.

Either Webster has caught his hand with the end of his nose on the way down or collected his knee.

There isn't a cleaner player in the comp than Isaac. Just a sick joke.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

To call that intentional is pure character assassination.

I've replayed the incident a number of times and for the life of me I can see no direct contact to the face. He seems to have pushed him in the upper sturnam at which point Webster was in the process of falling.

Either Webster has caught his hand with the end of his nose on the way down or collected his knee.

There isn't a cleaner player in the comp than Isaac. Just a sick joke.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I’ve seen close up footage and his hand did hit Webster in the face… BUT:

• he had his back turned, NOT INTENTIONAL
  • it was like a backhanded brush causing a bloody nose, not even mild concussion etc and IMO, NOT HIGH IMPACT
  • the height of the impact would normally have been around Webster’s sternum or chest, so NOT HIGH CONTACT!

Throw in all the precedents of players getting off with fines for lesser acts, and you can comfortably say we must’ve had a bunch of clowns as our legal team.

What a fxcking stitch up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say I don't think he should be banned. Just more circus roundabouts due to the ridiculous garbage the AFL has brought in over the last 4-5 years re concussion and rule changes etc... But holy shit how crap is your lawyer??? Look at some of the absolute shite our army of KC lawyers have come up with to get players off and your guy has got Heeney on the stand saying he whacks blokes 50 times a game... Bizarre.

1720530617552.png

Anyway I'm hopeful the appeals board overturn it for the sake of our game. Absolute joke that a blood nose can ruin one of the best seasons a players put together for a long while. If it doesn't Cripps probably goes on to win it again which will just add to the clown show and outrage given the circumstances he won it in 2022.

Sorry but a Brownlow trumps a best and fairest every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Why can’t he have both and a premiership - all for 1 week rest ? I’m struggling C88, you gotta help me
A Brownlow is worth nothing now. To win it the AFL have to rub out the best players so best player #43 wins it.

Brownlow is now Lowbrown.

It appears only the Brisbane Lions can successfully argue “of good character” and squeaky clean players like Barrass and Heeney fail the good bloke test. 🤦‍♂️
When that was raised, the AFL responded that that case was more complicated. I don't normally like to read too much into things, but the most obvious "complicating" factor would be

Heart Love GIF by Nungala Creative

When that was raised, the AFL responded that that case was more complicated. I don't normally like to read too much into things, but the most obvious "complicating" factor would be

Heart Love GIF by Nungala Creative
I have to confess to having a similar thought at first.

But then - Rankin copped 4 weeks.

I think it’s just idiocy, rather than any bias of the nature you’ve suggested.

The AFL tribunal lost its last shred of credibility with the Maynard incident. And they seem determined to keep it that way.

Funny how Isaac's flailing arm in a marking contests was judged intentional, yet Hewetts strike to the face which was completely unfootball related was deemed careless. Swans need to challenge the tribunals definition of intentional vs careless using that example.

Funny how Isaac's flailing arm in a marking contests was judged intentional, yet Hewetts strike to the face which was completely unfootball related was deemed careless. Swans need to challenge the tribunals definition of intentional vs careless using that example.
I still think his hand hit the jaw neck reason

Garry Lyon has brought up the fact that George Hewett punched Lachie Neale and got a fine and said Heens should've turned around and smacked Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back