Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikileaks has just released the following memo addressed to the AFL Umpires:

10 July 2024

Umpires are hereby advised that a new interpretation of sub-rule 357(k)(iii) is hereby enacted.

Under the new interpretation, no blonde player shall be awarded Brownlow Medal votes henceforth.

Please note that this new interpretation is strictly confidential and shall be in place until the completion of Round 23 of the current AFL season.

Yours sincerely
Laura Kane

* no blonde Sydney Swans player …

The sinister part of me almost thinks something greater was at play this week?

The fact that our legal counsel fxcked up a very winnable case not once, but fxcking TWICE!!

And then Horse being stupid enough to mention the word “Brownlow” in his presser about why we’re appealing for the 2nd time ???? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I mean FFS … and WTF??!!!! 🤷‍♂️

Although I don’t think Heeney was gonna end up winning “Charlie”, I sure as hope he’s NOT within 3 votes of the winner… because if he is, the “V”FL certainly robbed him of a decent chance to get 3 votes this weekend.

Last edited:

Heeney was effectively used as the risk assessment for the AFL in their legal case against CTE which is pretty sad tbh
Yet Butters can concuss someone and get off. The AFL is ****ed.

Cripps with his 5 kicks 30 handballs at 60% DE with 8 TOs will get it because he had "more touches" in a loosing cause aha
*Losing

Why do people still do this?

This is a bit dramatic lol but I really hope he isn't rattled by it. All of the media coverage & fan reaction has been a bit over the top imo.
If you go on Facebook and Twitter you quickly appreciate that the Swans board on BigFooty is a safe haven. Plenty think 1 week was a light sentence.

If you go on Facebook and Twitter you quickly appreciate that the Swans board on BigFooty is a safe haven. Plenty think 1 week was a light sentence.
Social media is ****ed, particularly Facebook with its laugh react

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Losing

Why do people still do this?
My guess would be they don't really care about spelling, more about the content of what they are writing.
Auto correct could be an issue, or they could've accidentally pressed a button twice.
At the end of the day you knew exactly what they were saying so the bigger question is why does it really matter?
I've personally been corrected for spelling James Jordan instead of James Jordon. You know what, Jordan is the spelling according to auto correct for me. Now I get that the way you spell someone's name is more important that losing vs loosing but in context I really don't understand why it matters.

My guess would be they don't really care about spelling, more about the content of what they are writing.
Auto correct could be an issue, or they could've accidentally pressed a button twice.
At the end of the day you knew exactly what they were saying so the bigger question is why does it really matter?
I've personally been corrected for spelling James Jordan instead of James Jordon. You know what, Jordan is the spelling according to auto correct for me. Now I get that the way you spell someone's name is more important that losing vs loosing but in context I really don't understand why it matters.
Like I was told to do, use the edit function. Loosing is wrong

That was nearly 30 years ago, the AFL weren't as manipulated as they are now.
With the exception of Watson - a totally different case scenario, how long has it been since a suspended player even came close to winning it?
If people don't think this award is as manipulated as the umpiring and the competition itself, they are seriously deluded.
Remember the year that Dusty won everything, the media were banging on about him before the season started. He could’ve murdered someone and the media would still rave about him. The media pick their favourites each year hence it will be either Daicos or Bontempelli, they are desperate for either of those two to win it.

Last edited:
The funny part is, that's not even a joke - it's HUGELY possible.
Remember Chris Judd 2005? Everyone knows LRT was robbed of the Norm Smith that day!

Remember Chris Judd 2005? Everyone knows LRT was robbed of the Norm Smith that day!
Oh my God don't start me on THAT one!

A lot of people on here knock Barrett, but he has absolutely nailed it with this:

AND THIS ONE'S FOR THE AFL
IF ...
Harley can't win the Rising Star and Isaac can't win the Brownlow ...

THEN ...
the awards functions later this season are going to be flat. What a shame that players other than the Brownlow Medal favourite have this season been able to play the week after belting opponents in the head

5 minute mark of the 1st quarter lets hear the chant HEENEY and hopefully lift the players on field and crowd support for the swans.Lets get the score on the scoreboard to get over our disgust with this decision on Heeney one of the fairest players in the AFL.
I'd be very surprised if a chant like this gets off the ground.

time to move on. more important things to consider moving forward

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back