Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know who previously said it, but sentiments exactly, if I didn’t love the Swans so much for all these years, I would dump following the AFL, it is just so unbalanced it’s not a joke, I am still so angry about Heeney, he has even got more hurt to come, he is leading the votes in a few other competitions so now the umpires are going to stop giving him votes, so he is paying a very high price for that little blood nose, yep can’t stand the AFL 🤬

I know some won't like this but i did find this pretty funny in the end

The way I look at it, a supposed mate and business partner has just lost a chance at winning the sports greatest individual prize and you agree to not only mock him, but do so while effectively bragging that you got away with another shit act. For me, he’s a massive campaigner and can go **** himself.

The way I look at it, a supposed mate and business partner has just lost a chance at winning the sports greatest individual prize and you agree to not only mock him, but do so while effectively bragging that you got away with another shit act. For me, he’s a massive campaigner and can go **** himself.
The Giants media team are massive campaigners and are hardly funny. They can go **** themselves also. They’re only around because of the Swans success in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea that's pretty shit from a mate. By all means behind closed doors but don't mock in public. Weak by green for agreeing to do it

Can see why it might seem distasteful but it's still meant as a light hearted jab. If anything it highlights the AFLs incompetence and makes a mockery of them pretty much enabling these petty jibes, which I don't mind.

Hope Horse absolutely dishes out his frustration in his next media appearance to ramp up the pressure.

Will I finally have 5 minutes to make my submission for Isaac. Totally missed the point by the previous Counsel.

After the normal foreplay with judicial openings, I will contest four points of the charge in a short submission.

1. Webster created the incident

2. Webster started to stumble, prior to any touch, and later struck Heeney’s knee

3. It was NOT Intentional, Reckless or Careless

4. IT was NOT a strike.

1. Webster created the incident, by holding of Heeney’s jumper, breaking the rules and then continued when Heeney started to lead, a normal action within the game, was impeded by Websters hold.

2. Heeney started to lead and as Webster was still holding, Webster’s head started to come forward and much lower than where it should be, and he commenced stumbling, lowering his body position.

3. Heeney reached back, with an open hand, quickly, to grab the arm of Webster and remove the hold of his jumper, however due to Webster’s action, holding and stumbling, he had significantly placed himself into an abnormal position and Heeney contacted Webster’s face. Webster continued to fall and struck Heeney’s knee, with his face, and once again, due to the hold of Heeney’s jumper, he created the contact. At this time we are unable to determine which action relates to the blood on Webster’s face.

He cannot liable when the other party creates the contact and therefore the charge could not be regarded as Intentional, Reckless or Careless as it was impossible for Heeney to know or even guess where Webster was because Webster had put himself in the position with his illegal holding.

4. Furthermore, It was not a strike or punch by Heeney as he was only trying to grab Websters arm, with a open hand, much like a person failing and then reaching for a railing behind you, its a reach out action, to remove the ongoing hold and it only occurred due to Websters action.

My submission in that Heeney is not guilty of any or all of the above components of the charge.

Tesla Tenet KC

Any one submission would have he been enough to have the charge dismissed.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I think the fact that the Brownlow is for the best and fairest, and in this case, there is no finding the Heeney did anything unfair, because he was only DEEMED to have intentionally offended, rather than actually found to have intentionally offended, there is a case for players convicted in this way to be still eligible for the Brownlow.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

So you can’t see a Carlton narrative being run by the AFL / media ? Was 2016 a conspiracy ?
They ideally would’ve loved for StKilda, but they’ve got no chance this year, so it’s back to Carlton.. there was also the hoo bar for Richmond the year they won and that carryon you’d have thought they hadn’t won a flag for 100 years. They will try their hardest for Carlton, failing that Essendon.

I don’t know who previously said it, but sentiments exactly, if I didn’t love the Swans so much for all these years, I would dump following the AFL, it is just so unbalanced it’s not a joke, I am still so angry about Heeney, he has even got more hurt to come, he is leading the votes in a few other competitions so now the umpires are going to stop giving him votes, so he is paying a very high price for that little blood nose, yep can’t stand the AFL 🤬
He is not short odds to win the Brownow so it maybe is nothing.
AFL is corrupt. It does things for certain reasons and when someone comes along and says you are doing it wrong. Well guess what. They put their people in place and make sure that whatever you do you do not change their will. You lose.
The mistake that the AFL is making.
I just want to make this point because I think it is important.
The AFL have to cover their arse regarding CRT. Any actions that affect thehead are now criminalised.

So they are making laws that like in the Heeney case say things like if you chop a players arms or hands because they are scragging you and something innocuous happens and that gives them a bloody nose, then you will get a weeks suspension.
When you make a law that says any action that results in an injury to a players head will result in suspension, then that will create AFL teams changing their strategies so to avaoid player suspension.
In the case of Heeney he now has different options based upon the AFL tribunal rulings:
1. continue same chopping of arms which could lead to bloody nose and suspension,
2. take a dive at the grappling(like soccer players do when someone comeswithin 1 metre of their legs and see at least eight rolls of the players body before he agonisingly grabs his ankle. Are we going to see proliferation of fake dives because we don't want to fend because it could bloody a nose and result in suspension.
I actually think there will be more dives or actions that are not footy actions. I think this will cheapen the game. The AFL has signed up to this and endorsed it by the Heeney decision.
3. If someone is scragging you don't chop their arms as you are liable if they launch their head into your body and cause themselves an injury.

Best option out of all three

Take a dive and be more like soccer.

Can see why it might seem distasteful but it's still meant as a light hearted jab. If anything it highlights the AFLs incompetence and makes a mockery of them pretty much enabling these petty jibes, which I don't mind.

Hope Horse absolutely dishes out his frustration in his next media appearance to ramp up the pressure.
And when it comes to it.
Swans 2
GWS 0

2024 encounters

Will I finally have 5 minutes to make my submission for Isaac. Totally missed the point by the previous Counsel.

After the normal foreplay with judicial openings, I will contest four points of the charge in a short submission.

1. Webster created the incident

2. Webster started to stumble, prior to any touch, and later struck Heeney’s knee

3. It was NOT Intentional, Reckless or Careless

4. IT was NOT a strike.

1. Webster created the incident, by holding of Heeney’s jumper, breaking the rules and then continued when Heeney started to lead, a normal action within the game, was impeded by Websters hold.

2. Heeney started to lead and as Webster was still holding, Webster’s head started to come forward and much lower than where it should be, and he commenced stumbling, lowering his body position.

3. Heeney reached back, with an open hand, quickly, to grab the arm of Webster and remove the hold of his jumper, however due to Webster’s action, holding and stumbling, he had significantly placed himself into an abnormal position and Heeney contacted Webster’s face. Webster continued to fall and struck Heeney’s knee, with his face, and once again, due to the hold of Heeney’s jumper, he created the contact. At this time we are unable to determine which action relates to the blood on Webster’s face.

He cannot liable when the other party creates the contact and therefore the charge could not be regarded as Intentional, Reckless or Careless as it was impossible for Heeney to know or even guess where Webster was because Webster had put himself in the position with his illegal holding.

4. Furthermore, It was not a strike or punch by Heeney as he was only trying to grab Websters arm, with a open hand, much like a person failing and then reaching for a railing behind you, its a reach out action, to remove the ongoing hold and it only occurred due to Websters action.

My submission in that Heeney is not guilty of any or all of the above components of the charge.

Tesla Tenet KC

Any one submission would have he been enough to have the charge dismissed.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Yep, and could've argued that the fact that Webster had an illegal hold on him made it an attempt to manoeuvre out if being held - Heeneys body movement coincidentally happened at the same time Webster let go which created unintentional momentum that he couldn't control.

And if they still refuse then you ask them to use the George Hewett example of being 'careless' to explain how Heeneys action falls outside of that. And should've been better prepared with multiple character references to boot.

If the tribunal was then unable to provide a clear cut answer to all those points then you threaten them by saying the decision falls under grounds of appeal. That would've put them on the back foot and given a higher chance to reconsider. Plus it would've made an appeal much more favourable rather than the embarrassing attempt it was.

Was a **** up and a half trying to play the good guy. They actually thought acting remorseful and pleading ignorance was going to work. The rule is the rule, as a lawyer you have to attempt to work around it to the endth degree and make the tribunal work hard for their response. Was quite pathetic really.

A clear sign of the incompetent legal representation was how short both hearings were. In other instances they go on for hours because of how hard the lawyer works.

Yep, and could've argued that the fact that Webster had an illegal hold on him made it an attempt to manoeuvre out if being held - Heeneys body movement coincidentally happened at the same time Webster let go which created unintentional momentum that he couldn't control.

And if they still refuse then you ask them to use the George Hewett example of being 'careless' to explain how Heeneys action falls outside of that. And should've been better prepared with multiple character references to boot.

If the tribunal was then unable to provide a clear cut answer to all those points then you threaten them by saying the decision falls under grounds of appeal. That would've put them on the back foot and given a higher chance to reconsider. Plus it would've made an appeal much more favourable rather than the embarrassing attempt it was.

Was a **** up and a half trying to play the good guy. They actually thought acting remorseful and pleading ignorance was going to work. The rule is the rule, as a lawyer you have to attempt to work around it to the endth degree and make the tribunal work hard for their response. Was quite pathetic really.

A clear sign of the incompetent legal representation was how short both hearings were. In other instances they go on for hours because of how hard the lawyer works.

Give up your day job I say!
There should (I’m hoping!) be an opening with the club for you soon.

If you’re gonna do the time, as least do the crime !

Should have done a Flying elbow off the top turnbuckle, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat style - now that’s worthy of a week.

You got a like for mentioning Steamboat, love it but should have gone Randy Savage for the elbow as the dragon was more the flying body press :)

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back