AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell - Such an attacking weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked how richo spent the next 15 minutes talking about how the tackler couldn't have done anything better - that was quality commentating

Cute Adelaide player gets off dangerous tackke

If that's the only action he could have taken then what was Wiedemann meant to do.
Firstly he could have taken him with the ball. His intent was to hurt him and it worked to our detriment

The AFL stinks and the mrp stinks. Never seen such a mess in 50 years of watching afl
Game is now unwatchable
I reckon we are going to end up with a game of Aus tag on ****ing steroids in a few years

Last edited:
Yep, passed his HIA apparently
I find it difficult to separate my team allegiance from the sensible notion of doing everything to protect player welfare. It’s the right thing to do, having him properly assessed, but the reality is that he was our most influential player in the last qtr and he was taken out of the game despite being fine. The vagaries of how to strategise this also worked against us. 20 minutes off essentially meant 25 minutes because the club had to make a choice between being a player down or having a fresh player in. Technically, Caldwell was able to come back on with around 5 minutes to play if he wasn’t subbed out. So instead we had Goldy rather than Caldwell for the climax of the game and we lose at the death.

We’ve had a perfectly fit player taken from us at the most important part of the game just to be sure to be sure. If it happened like this in a GF it’d ruin me. But it’s the right thing to do…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it difficult to separate my team allegiance from the sensible notion of doing everything to protect player welfare. It’s the right thing to do, having him properly assessed, but the reality is that he was our most influential player in the last qtr and he was taken out of the game despite being fine. The vagaries of how to strategise this also worked against us. 20 minutes off essentially meant 25 minutes because the club had to make a choice between being a player down or having a fresh player in. Technically, Caldwell was able to come back on with around 5 minutes to play if he wasn’t subbed out. So instead we had Goldy rather than Caldwell for the climax of the game and we lose at the death.

We’ve had a perfectly fit player taken from us at the most important part of the game just to be sure to be sure. If it happened like this in a GF it’d ruin me. But it’s the right thing to do…
This is why the sub rule sucks.

6 on the bench he might have still played last 5 minutes.

Get rid of the sub, worst thing ever.

Totally agree with your sentiments. This is why they need independent doctors assessing. Some teams are turning a blind eye to their players getting a head knock and getting a competitive advantage from it. Dawson copped a savage but accidental shoulder to the head from Caddy and kept playing for a bit and even set up a goal with his elite kicking. He should have been straight off - he was senseless for a fair bit on the ground, anyone could see that was a fierce blow copping the point of a shoulder straight to the head.

💯 agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back