AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost all his clangers are left foot accross his body. Gets no power through the ball and has limited control of direction on them. That should be fixable.

Not sure if it was all game but I noticed he was minding Prestia at a few stoppages. Did anyone notice if he was running with him all game? Prestia was very quiet with only 11 touches so if he's contained him like that on top of what else he did that's a massive performance.

Not sure if it was all game but I noticed he was minding Prestia at a few stoppages. Did anyone notice if he was running with him all game? Prestia was very quiet with only 11 touches so if he's contained him like that on top of what else he did that's a massive performance.

I would be surprised.

Didn’t notice, I’ll be honest, but Prestia has been a bit of a non factor for a lot of the year. In a game where we didn’t have Parish, setterfield or Shiel, and pretty much only had merrett, Caldwell and Hobbs, I doubt we were assigning him to someone like Prestia. Would imagine that is simply Caldwell’s natural way of playing midfield, to seek out body contact and positioning with opponents.

I would be surprised.

Didn’t notice, I’ll be honest, but Prestia has been a bit of a non factor for a lot of the year. In a game where we didn’t have Parish, setterfield or Shiel, and pretty much only had merrett, Caldwell and Hobbs, I doubt we were assigning him to someone like Prestia. Would imagine that is simply Caldwell’s natural way of playing midfield, to seek out body contact and positioning with opponents.
there was a frustrating yet awesome play in the 3rd i think, where he was streaming at the fwd 50 and instead of trying to stop and sidestep the richmond player(s?), he opted to try go through them at pace.
They held him up, but i did lol. Don't coach that out of him.

I can't be the only one that didn't think he was capable of going out and getting 30+ as a midfielder

Not to say he can't have a big impact, but I was pretty skeptical of him being able to accumulate at volume.

I can't be the only one that didn't think he was capable of going out and getting 30+ as a midfielder

Not to say he can't have a big impact, but I was pretty skeptical of him being able to accumulate at volume.
Well you thought that becuase there was no afl evidence that he could accumulate up until last weekend.
You could put it down to him finally overcoming his hamstring issues and it actually looks like he’s a very good runner now. So happy with his performance. Even the muck up in the back half that resulted in a goal. He shrugged it off and got on with it. Love love

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Bruno is hinting at hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The same thing Manson was hinting at with Helter Skelter

They should put me in the midfield. I’d get 30 touches a game obviously cos I’d be in the midfield. And I’d do it for only $150k.

If you are one of, what I estimate at, 200 amateur players who played underage rep footy as a midfielder between 2012 and 2020, and is still fit, but who is not currently on an AFL list you almost certainly would (get 30 possessions).

If you are one of, what I estimate at, 200 amateur players who played underage rep footy as a midfielder between 2012 and 2020, and is still fit, but who is not currently on an AFL list you almost certainly would (get 30 possessions).
I’m not, but I am reasonably tall (185cm) and big bodied. But more big bodied in a Kane Cornes would body shame me kind of way.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back