Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Was pretty disappointed with bakes speech last night, still technically vice captain of the club, I know he’s a light hearted cruisey type of guy but his speech just looked and sounded terrible.
Loved watching him and the effort and heart he played every game with but that’s his last appearance at a Richmond player had flattened me a bit.
Shai and Dan Rioli I could understand, not great speakers, never done a lot of media stuff.
Bakes got up there half pissed, big hug and laugh with shai almost to say how funny and awkward is this.

Thank him for everything he’s done for the tiges but just a disappointing finish unfortunately for a guy many were hoping would be our next captain.

Broady and nank spoke very well on the positive

Woeful effort and he should feel embarrassed. But, adds to the theory that the players are treading on the culture we've built.

Also if we get pick 13 for Baker which is a good deal for us, don’t celebrate it and rub it in oppos faces.

We still need to draft someone who is capable of being as good if not better. Long way to go to decide that.

Be happy, celebrate internally but you may be made a fool if you go too hard externally 😂

Also if we get pick 13 for Baker which is a good deal for us, don’t celebrate it and rub it in oppos faces.

We still need to draft someone who is capable of being as good if not better. Long way to go to decide that.

Be happy, celebrate internally but you may be made a fool if you go too hard externally 😂
It's not often at my age that I get 'too hard externally' and I can easily make a fool of myself without doing that, so no, I'm going to rub all of those salty one's noses in it until it bleeds.

I tell ya if we nail these trades and get the picks we all keep hearing about, god help our club if we stuff those picks up.

Woeful effort and he should feel embarrassed. But, adds to the theory that the players are treading on the culture we've built.
Straight out of the yeah-nah-umm school of AFL public speaking, which is not so much the issue, just the lack of thought, or of anything particularly heartfelt to say.

I think we (via the media) really overblow the idea that being part of a flag team confers some spiritual connection to the team.

To some maybe, clearly not Baker.

I've said warmer 'thank you + goodbye's to my dentist after a filling.

Perhaps Bakes didn’t think he’d figure in the awards or that was the remnants of his level of struggle with the decision to leave. At the end of the day it’s difficult to say for certain but his commitment & position within the club as we’ve all heard was held very highly. I for one will cut him a bit of slack…

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back