Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is lacking a bit of intent in his second/third efforts that you see from a player like George for example. When he has missed a tackle or a player goes past him. He sort of just drops his head. And I think when he gets that, he’ll be danger like

NWell well.

:smuglook

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I've only checked the highlights, from them his burst out the front of stoppages looked more like the tuggers being pathetic than the nmfc team cohesion I'd kind of assumed from up high. Will need to watch the proper replay.

I've only checked the highlights, from them his burst out the front of stoppages looked more like the tuggers being pathetic than the nmfc team cohesion I'd kind of assumed from up high. Will need to watch the proper replay.

LDU can make even the best look pathetic at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thrilled with his statline, but the running goal in particular is what has me going cray cray.

Running goals have been the missing ingredient. Too often he would try to pick out another player instead of backing himself in. The burst from the stoppage into a running goal is one of the most influential goal types in AFL and LDU is literally BUILT for it.

There will be plenty more games where he does that, and then the team as a whole gets a surge of confidence and energy and just keeps the foot on the gas as a collective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back