Opinion A response to James Rosewarne (Footyology) on Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Thanks Steele Sidebottom. Caused Footy Classified to look at Ken against the top sides.

1713836900392.png

F588ED62-D561-46AC-800A-F7D3BA337AE9.jpeg

He wrote this a tick under 2 months prior to the 2021 Prelim.

Why journos continue to write stuff that could double as a Keith Thomas/Matthew Richardson “see you at the footy!” missive is beyond me.

View attachment 1968034

He wrote this a tick under 2 months prior to the 2021 Prelim.

Why journos continue to write stuff that could double as a Keith Thomas/Matthew Richardson “see you at the footy!” missive is beyond me.

That last par is a big "oof". Hinkley is the antithesis of the type of coach described there.

Thanks Steele Sidebottom. Caused Footy Classified to look at Ken against the top sides.

View attachment 1968027
The Port Adelaide "Arnotts" - crumble like dry biscuits when put under pressure.

Mascot could be a massive Tim Tam instead of Thunda Power.

The giant fist on a float could be holding an inflated Delta Cream.

The Port Adelaide "Arnotts" - crumble like dry biscuits when put under pressure.

Mascot could be a massive Tim Tam instead of Thunda Power.

The giant fist on a float could be holding an inflated Delta Cream.

Tim Tams are for the fans when we melt or get slammed when its wet.

Last edited:
This thread was written 3 years ago. Yet, this post belongs here too:

--

I'm not listening to it. It's the same thing time and time again.

The story always goes like this:
a) 2011, 2012 - really bad, awful Port, tarps, folding, etc.;​
b) Hinkley arrives;​
c) 2013, 2014 - Port is exciting, making Finals, etc;​
d) [missing part]​
e) 2020, 2021, and so on - Port continues to win and to have Top-4 finishes.​

The 'd' above is the issue. You know... There's a really small, very tiny, irrelevant, and insignificant window of just FIVE YEARS that is always completely ignored solely because it doesn't fit into the chosen narrative.

The story is so much better without it, isn't it? Those FIVE YEARS don't allow it a proper flow. So, it must be cut off.

Imagine it. We lost a heartbreaking away PF against Hawthorn in 2014. Then, in the very next season [i.e. in 2020], we came back stronger, won the Minor Premiership, got a home PF against a strong Richmond side who..., ahn..., who..., well..., nevermind, it was indeed a strong Richmond side, we are talking about Port, no need to go into details about the Tigers, just to lose in heartbreaking fashion again.

Doesn't it all make more sense when viewed like this? Thus, it's obvious that Port supporters have been absolutely and unfairly harsh on Hinkley.

I have to ask, 'Who is James Rosewarne and why should his opinion be of such concern to Port supporters?'

I googled James Rosewarne and found that a James Rosewarne arrived with the First Fleet and is now dead.

The only living James Rosewarne I could find was some self styled influencer who seems to spend most of this time posting about US basketball teams. Footyology does describe Rosewarne as, 'a writer of sports and fiction'. I reckon in his opinion on Hinkley he is dabbling more in fiction than sport.

1725309484899.jpeg

Yeah that's him.

I have to ask, 'Who is James Rosewarne and why should his opinion be of such concern to Port supporters?'

Who exactly he is, that’s irrelevant. He’s useful, because he was one of the first people to put in writing that the period between 2015 and 2019 doesn’t matter when analyzing Hinkley’s tenure at Port.

Who exactly he is, that’s irrelevant. He’s useful, because he was one of the first people to put in writing that the period between 2015 and 2019 doesn’t matter when analyzing Hinkley’s tenure at Port.
Yep ... And the period between 1939 and 1945 doesn’t matter when analyzing the history of Germany! :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion A response to James Rosewarne (Footyology) on Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back