A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still trying to work out why Goss was dropped in the first place. looked dangerous against collegians, yes he is young but a bit of youth would do that team good. hes a hard kid to match up on. Rush just wasnt up to it today and did infact look like a liability. Goss kicking 6 in the youngins. Wherever he plays goodluck to his opponent.

Havent seen much of Xavs this year, but assuming Lynch is still playing and can be a swing man back or forward and Handley is playing, then Goss would be a better option than Rush. Hard on Rush as he has had a good year but im not sure both he and Handley can play together next week.

Im still trying to work out why Goss was dropped in the first place. looked dangerous against collegians, yes he is young but a bit of youth would do that team good. hes a hard kid to match up on. Rush just wasnt up to it today and did infact look like a liability. Goss kicking 6 in the youngins. Wherever he plays goodluck to his opponent.

Goss is 2nd in goals per game average on the senior list and is the type of player who can spark a side with some freakish abilities. IMO was the only forward who looked dangerous against collegians in the 2nd semi. Rush wasn't the only liability in that forward line but has kicked one goal in two finals.

You were half right. They did run all over them but you still need to kick goals. Perhaps when they were running all over them they could have kicked the ball at the goals as well!
Amazing last quarter from the ox backs.

At 3/4 time, i was thinking my prophecy would be fulfilled. De La Soul were 3pts down and coming home with a 5 goal wind. They looked on top and i couldn't see th Old Xavs winning enough ball to kick a winning score.

Boy was i wrong - a combination of Old Xavs ramping it up and showing how classy and strong they are and De La suffering from stagefright. It was the best last quarter against the wind effort i've seen.

Some of the OX celebrations were great to watch after the final siren - raw emotion. The win was terrific and they whooped it up accordingly. :D

It's gonna be a juicy one this sunday at VAFA HQ!

Goss is 2nd in goals per game average on the senior list and is the type of player who can spark a side with some freakish abilities. IMO was the only forward who looked dangerous against collegians in the 2nd semi. Rush wasn't the only liability in that forward line but has kicked one goal in two finals.

key one is Wynne - showed yesterday what a gun defender he is - play him alongside Biddlecombe and they have a HBL that is hard to get passed - if they need another forward then they have Lynch and Noonan behind them.

OX have lost the last 3 games agains Collegians and perhaps they need to accept after yesterday, that their best defender is playing on the wing.

Is there any chance of Goss playing in two Grand Finals?

why would you play a kid in two grandfinals a day after each other. An U/19s grandfinal will be no walk in the park considering he will be playing De La and to back it up in an A Grade (Premier) Grandfinal will be no easy task considering the speed and intensity and high level of football we have seen throughout the finals series. One or the Other im tipping. And unfortunatly, much to my disapointment i think we will see him running around in the 19s

Are De La going to play ring rosey all day long, or are they even going to think about kicking to a key position player ?

you can't say i didn't tell you, if you don't have any key position players then you don't use them, this was the different in the game

so ring a rosy it was

What was the free kick count on Sunday? I didn't think the umpiring was that great to be honest...

A lot of piddly free kicks were paid that weren't there and i saw an Old Xavs player get decapitated in the forward line at the start of the last and the umpire called "Play On!"

Strange days indeed...

you can't say i didn't tell you, if you don't have any key position players then you don't use them, this was the different in the game

so ring a rosy it was

Where you there? The De La key forward kicked 4 – the most of any player on the ground. No ring a rosy but hard tough contested footy all day. A ripper game and it was only the magnificent defensive efforts of the Xavs backline in the last ¼ that held De La out. If that mark was paid in the last minute then it might have been a different story. The D’s very stiff but OX worthy winners.

why would you play a kid in two grandfinals a day after each other. An U/19s grandfinal will be no walk in the park considering he will be playing De La and to back it up in an A Grade (Premier) Grandfinal will be no easy task considering the speed and intensity and high level of football we have seen throughout the finals series. One or the Other im tipping. And unfortunatly, much to my disapointment i think we will see him running around in the 19s

Was astounded that Goss was dropped in the first place!!! Could a young bloke have done more to cement his spot than what he was doing???
If I was involved at another club in the Ammos I would be having a massive crack at the kid for next year, giving him top billing for the next decade!
Agreed that Rush was non-productive. Younger legs the key at the Wick!
We will see what transpires......

Where you there? The De La key forward kicked 4 – the most of any player on the ground. No ring a rosy but hard tough contested footy all day. A ripper game and it was only the magnificent defensive efforts of the Xavs backline in the last ¼ that held De La out. If that mark was paid in the last minute then it might have been a different story. The D’s very stiff but OX worthy winners.

if my aunte had balls she would be my uncle

Was astounded that Goss was dropped in the first place!!! Could a young bloke have done more to cement his spot than what he was doing???
If I was involved at another club in the Ammos I would be having a massive crack at the kid for next year, giving him top billing for the next decade!

Astounded were you.....I think you will find that Goss was dropped for number 23, Smith who played his part as a pressure forward. Handley and Rush both played importent roles as the two key forwards and contributed more goals than just the ones they kicked. If you think that a player would leave and go to another club for missing out on a senior prelim to play with his mates in the unders prelim and they both won. Then you are an idiot. In most peoples eyes it was a stroke of genius.

Except yours.

Play on.

if my aunte had balls she would be my uncle

Yep very true but it still bloody hurts! Lot’s of 50/50 decisions on any given day. My blue and gold eyes saw it as a mark but I would expect the black and reds would see it otherwise. The umpire agreed which is all that matters. As I said OX were worthy winners. It was simply to make the point that the D’s came very close and it was the outstanding defensive efforts of the Xavs that won it, not a lack of KPP that lost it.

I note the many posts about young Goss. I also thought he was Xavs most dangerous forward against Colls and was astounded at his omission. Has a bit of X factor about him and surely he will get a recall for the A grade GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavs of the last 15 years to disagree.

At 3/4 time, i was thinking my prophecy would be fulfilled. De La Soul were 3pts down and coming home with a 5 goal wind. They looked on top and i couldn't see th Old Xavs winning enough ball to kick a winning score.

Boy was i wrong - a combination of Old Xavs ramping it up and showing how classy and strong they are and De La suffering from stagefright. It was the best last quarter against the wind effort i've seen.

Some of the OX celebrations were great to watch after the final siren - raw emotion. The win was terrific and they whooped it up accordingly. :D

It's gonna be a juicy one this sunday at VAFA HQ!

A very juicy prospect indeed. The key for Xavs will be A) Can't let Jorgensen sit in the hole taking plucks all day. WHEN he sits there someone needs to act appropriately and therefore Rush plays. B) Taft. kicks 3-5 every time he plays Xavs. Perhaps bite the bullet and play Biddlecombe on him? Some things that will also transpire....
Dicko will tape up both shoulders again so no-one knows which one is injured. Stone will flatten a small man again. And the wind will ruin what should be the best game of the year.
Oh yeah and I will inhale another couple of bratwurst snags.

A very juicy prospect indeed. The key for Xavs will be A) Can't let Jorgensen sit in the hole taking plucks all day. WHEN he sits there someone needs to act appropriately and therefore Rush plays. B) Taft. kicks 3-5 every time he plays Xavs. Perhaps bite the bullet and play Biddlecombe on him? Some things that will also transpire....
Dicko will tape up both shoulders again so no-one knows which one is injured. Stone will flatten a small man again. And the wind will ruin what should be the best game of the year.
Oh yeah and I will inhale another couple of bratwurst snags.

What about the Wick Burger?

Astounded were you.....I think you will find that Goss was dropped for number 23, Smith who played his part as a pressure forward. Handley and Rush both played importent roles as the two key forwards and contributed more goals than just the ones they kicked. If you think that a player would leave and go to another club for missing out on a senior prelim to play with his mates in the unders prelim and they both won. Then you are an idiot. In most peoples eyes it was a stroke of genius.

Except yours.

Play on.

Isn't the best way to put pressure on via the scoreboard??? I would have thought Goss would have ticked that box???
Stroke of genius??!!!! Hardly! If Smith or Rush kicked plenty then maybe!!!!
Kids have left footy clubs for far softer reasons than being dropped from the Seniors for a final. Particularly when they have been one of the top performers in recent weeks. Far from an idiotic observation!
Good luck to Xavs if they choose not to pick him...one thing I'm sure on is there will be even more talk at the bar downstairs at HQ after the Grand Final about whether he should have played if they get done!!! Plenty questioned it after the prelim over a frothy!

Isn't the best way to put pressure on via the scoreboard??? I would have thought Goss would have ticked that box???
Stroke of genius??!!!! Hardly! If Smith or Rush kicked plenty then maybe!!!!
Kids have left footy clubs for far softer reasons than being dropped from the Seniors for a final. Particularly when they have been one of the top performers in recent weeks. Far from an idiotic observation!
Good luck to Xavs if they choose not to pick him...one thing I'm sure on is there will be even more talk at the bar downstairs at HQ after the Grand Final about whether he should have played if they get done!!! Plenty questioned it after the prelim over a frothy!

Smith contributed very little and Rush is an absolute liability. Collegians will be rubbing their hands in glee if Xavs go in with Rush. Forward lines need to apply forward line pressure, not alot coming from the big number 5 let me tell you. Goss for mine, quick chases hard and can kick them.

I will mortgage my house on the fact that, selected or not selected, Goss will be playing at OXFC in 2011. That's what makes it such a strong club Wack - don't be jealous.

We don't just have big signings one year then see them disappear the next.

I will mortgage my house on the fact that, selected or not selected, Goss will be playing at OXFC in 2011. That's what makes it such a strong club Wack - don't be jealous.

Hmm, ever heard of Kris Barlow, Mark Graham, Dom Berry? I could go on and on but won't.

I think you will find Bad Bazza questioned whether he would remain at the club, not me D Shlapp. From what I've seen I simply rate the kid highly and think he could trouble Collegians on a dry deck unlike the deck these two teams had in their semi. Xavs have lost to Collegians 3 times this year and were lucky to win through on the weekend. They will need to inject some fresh legs and speed for sure if they are to beat Collegians this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back